Contribute
Register

Yosemite won't boot after Multibeast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working now. I tried so many things it's hard to be sure, but I think what fixed it was deleting the kext cache.

Booted on my Unibeast USB stick
Picked a language, then instead of starting the install, opened the terminal in utility menu
enter:

rm -R /Volumes/<SYSTEM DISK NAME>/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

This was a real headache so I hope this helps someone else.

I didn't have the BIOS Setting mentioned but I used this:

MB 7.0 /system/ 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

and it WORKS!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

Working now. I tried so many things it's hard to be sure, but I think what fixed it was deleting the kext cache.

Picked a language, then instead of starting the install, opened the terminal in utility menu
enter:

Doing this allowed me to reach the desktop (after yanking out the USB, and rebooting). Unfortunately it would only boot once, and then I'd have to delete the cache again.

I found this thread that gets kernel caching loading for chameleon. For myself, I only had to follow rodrigocunha's four steps. Seems to be working now; I just hope I didn't make my machine less secure?

enter:

So far so good. Thanks!

enter:

Wow, thanks so much. Worked great and now I can finally boot! I hope this is automatically integrated into the installation process.

EDIT: Turned off the computer, and had the same problem again.

EDIT 2: Turns out this wasn't a kext issue at all, but a config.plist issue for Clover. I copied the config.plist file from my USB's EFI folder to my HDD's EFI/EFI folder (overwriting the old one) and voila, I can now boot off the HDD perfectly without the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back