Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi,

I am a first time poster, I have had my system since 2008 and it has been running great with every new OS update since then. I have been trying to install Yosemite today however and am stuck and haven't seen this problem posted.

I have a Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 and decided to go with a fresh install. So I followed the guide from this website and I can install from USB just fine, then when I reboot to USB and then choose my hard drive I can finish the install and everything is working except for sound (not a problem). Then when I go to MultiBeast and install anything (I have tried just the boot loader, and have tried the DSDT for my motherboard that has always worked in the past), but when I try to reboot from my hard drive I always just get the Apple logo, and the progress bar (with no progress) and it sits there forever!

If I try to boot on the USB stick again and choose my drive it still gets stuck on the same screen with the empty progress bar. The only thing I can do at this point is repartition the drive, and reinstall Yosemite, so that I am able to boot off USB, then choose my drive to load the OS again.

I know this has to be something ridiculously simple that I am not seeing/understanding. This is driving me crazy, any ideas???

Also, once my drive is in this state with the no-progress progress bar (as it is right now), can I somehow do something with MultiBeast or something else to fix it or do I have to reinstall and do something different with MultiBeast?

I thought it might be because my drive was an SSD, but I tried with a SATA HD and got the same results.

Thanks for any help!!!

Trevor.

Same problem here:(

have you solved that in the end?

Same here, i had to restore Mavericks from backup for now. But i noticed later that i forgot to select:

Kext Dev Mode

in Multibeast as mentioned in the guide. I really don't now if this could be caused the problem. I will try again next weekend.

No solution found yet.
This is strange as others with this motherboard seem to have had success.

Identical problem with my Asus motherboard, running Multibeast with various options or only the boot loader and I get the Apple logo with the progress bar showing no progress and therefore need to reinstall Yosemite because it won't boot again off USB anymore unless I don't run Multibeast.

I have had successful installs of Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks with this motherboard.

Tpetruk, make sure you have turned off VT-d in the BIOS. Had the exact same symptoms, and this resolved it for me. My Mavericks installation worked with VT-d on - but not with Yosemite.

...or try to select AppleACIPIplatform Rollback in Multibeast. (It is located in drivers -> system).

I'm having this problem too. After installing Yosemite, I can boot just fine using my Unibeast USB bootloader and Yosemite on my main SSD. But after I run Multibeast, I get stuck on the Apple boot screen, using either the USB bootloader or the fresh Chimera install on my main disk. There is a boot screen progress bar, but it just goes slower as time goes by and never gets past half way.

I haven't found a way to boot after this point. I tried booting with -x and -f. So I've had to start over installing Yosemite which makes troubleshooting pretty slow.

As to the things suggested so far:
I have tried both Kext Dev Mode and AppleACIPIplatform Rollback with no discernible difference. My BIOS doesn't have a setting for VT-d. And I don't think zarni's other thread applies because it's not an issue of which bootloader I use, my installation works fine until it doesn't, then even using the USB as a starting point doesn't help.

Same problem with the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3

I am going to check the VT-D option when I get home and see if that resolves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back