Contribute
Register

Yosemite totally freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! in my case, it was because Haswell processors use a new technology called C6/C7 to decrease power consumption. The thing is you have to have a "Haswell Compatible" PSU for use it, otherwise it get freezed constantly, so I went to my PSU's website, and it didn't said nothing about Haswell!, then I went to the list of Thermaltake Haswell compatible PSUs, and mine didn't apear. So I went to the BIOS and disable C6/C7, and I'm not having any more freezes.
I hope it help other users...

I have still this issue. Yosemite freezes every now and then.
  • Updated BIOS
  • Switched Graphics Card from a 760 to a 660
  • nvda_drv=1 flag
  • Switched SSDs

Unfortunately I have still the random freezes, most likely to happen upon start up or when watching media files.

Hello! in my case, it was because Haswell processors use a new technology called C6/C7 to decrease power consumption.
According to Corsairs website, my PSU is fully compatible.

I have still this issue. Yosemite freezes every now and then.
  • Updated BIOS
  • Switched Graphics Card from a 760 to a 660
  • nvda_drv=1 flag
  • Switched SSDs

Unfortunately I have still the random freezes, most likely to happen upon start up or when watching media files.

According to Corsairs website, my PSU is fully compatible.

Have you tried with C6/C7 state support disabled??

Hello Everybody

I want to share my experience with you. I build a Mackintosh with Z gaming 5 first and i changed for Gigabyte Z97-UD5H - i7 4790K, 32 Gb RAM crucial ballistix sport, SSD Crucial 512 Gb, GTX 970 G1 gaming.

With the 2 motherboard i had freeze anytime, when i boot, when i'm on youtube, when i use final cut.

Sometimes happened directly after boot and sometimes few minutes after ( 30 min example ) .

At first i suspected the hardware, it's for what i changed motherboard, ram and GPU.

After i suspected Bluetooth dongle and wifi pci card.

At end i suspected BIOS settings.

In all case nothing resolved my mistake frozen.

I knew some people purpose to re-install hackintosh with Clover instead Unibeast, i didn't believe that it will be the solution.

But it worked for me, i've only re-install my hackintosh Yosemite 10.10.2 with Clover and now no more freeze. Nothing touch on bios except VT-D disabled. Even my CPU turboboost is Enabled.

I'm very happy with my new build, working like a charm since 2 days now after 1 month searching a solution.

Now if i can suggest something to people that they have this issue. Try Clover install first.

For sound kext and Ethernet i downloaded Multibeast and clik right for "show package" after this i installed .pkg files directly.

Now my hackintosh is on Yosemite 10.10.2 with the latest build and security update.

I encountered one issue today, when i updated latest security update my GPU wasn't recognized. I just installed Webdriver 343.02.02B04.

If someone have a question and i can help it will be with pleasure, because i've lost to much time to arrive this result. :))

Thanks.

I was having apparently random freezes on my Yosemite UniBeast install no matter what I was doing. Disabling Intel graphics in the BIOS fixed it for me. I've had zero freezes for two weeks since I made that change.

Hey how are you!

I am new to hackintosh and well the truth is not what happens. So I ask you to please his experienced help :)

IMG-20150329-WA0000.jpg

Hey how are you!

I am new to hackintosh and well the truth is not what happens. So I ask you to please his experienced help :)

View attachment 132122

Ensure that the BIOS settings are changed for OS X running.

Check the option DEP is enabled or not on BIOS??

Hi Marbaz i have the same issue, can you please tell me with wich boot set up you install with Clover?

I am with Asus Z 97 K, Intel i5 quad core 4460, HD 4460 9 Serial Mobo
I asking you becouse of this

NOTE: There are a few different ways to setup Clover on the USB. Using Legacy Mode is the simplest and most reliable for 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Series Gigabyte motherboards with standard default BIOS or UEFI settings. For all other UEFI-based systems such as ASUS 7, 8, and 9 Series motherboards, use UEFI Boot Mode to install to the EFI partition of the USB for UEFI booting only.

A few more changes need to be made to the default Clover installation:

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and create a folder called 10.10
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext
24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

*See attached config.plist for a working minimal configuration.

My Dual XEON system is working with nv_disable=1 almost smoothly, but with nvda_drv=1 unresponsive and laggy like hell.. :evil: :beachball:

And the audio playback of my music sequencers is always full of crackling with audio interfaces RME Babyface or RME HDSPe AIO PCIe card, because the programs can use only one CPU core.. :banghead:

Think the reason are the CPUs or PCI bus...?

Can anybody help me?

For more details please look following thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...80v3-clover-el-capitan-system-lags-hangs.html

Thanks! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back