Contribute
Register

Yosemite totally freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i've solved 1150 audio issue, just run latest Multibeast install AL1150 and enable Other EFI on the same panel. It's working great, no stability issue, very fast.

SO my installation for who interested was:
0. Set optimized default on BIOS (Gigabyte) disable Vt-d and Virtualization Technology
1. Follow the Tony's guide to create USB boot with CLOVER
2. install Yosemite
3. install Clover on Yosemite Disk
4. Run Multibeast to enable audio and Trim Support.
5. Enjoy!

:clap:

Hello Marbaz I have the same specs like you except for the motherboard mine is the UD7...I had a lot of randoms freezes using unibeast, now I want to try clover,, would you give me a hand? explain a little bit more how you did it..because I tried and I get a stop sign. thank you very much!

Hello, thought I would share my experience.
I too had constant freezes using yosemite, but after a little research I
did the following:
1. Updated Yosemite to 10.10.1 (using detailed instructions here, i.e. backup, repair permissions, update to 10.10.1,
use MultiBeast 7.0.2 to update Audio, reboot, repair permissions, reboot, etc.)
2. I was overlocking my i7 to 4.3Ghz, so I went back to a base of 3.5Ghz
(a thread here recommended this also given the voltage differences could be causing issues).
3. I installed and switched to the latest Nvidia Web Drivers (343.01.02f01), rebooted.

Ever since I performed these updates, it has been smooth sailing
(Sleep, Network, editing/watching video, external USB drives/keys, Anker 7-port USB Hub, Logitech Camera,
USB mice, keyboards, Bluetooth, etc.) all have been working flawlessly (3 days now).

If any issues arise, will report back.

i m using h87m-d3h / 16gb ram / i7 4770k and was on 10.10.0 ... i was also getting random freezes and i came across this thread and also doing some research i suspected that it was my ram causing isssue ... so i updated my bois to most recent one and set xmp profile and set ram to most stable setting and updated to 10.10.1 .. and what i found that my os boot timing was increased and the random freezing causing was because of sudden load on ram like my computer runs normally but if i had to open any specific software that put sudden load on ram then the computer just freeze then i had to hard reset the computer .. else i ran my computer for 3 days without any problem but i cant run any software which i really need ... so can someone please let me know how to get this fixed as this is getting really frustrating

Same problems. But randomly.
Some time few minutes after boot, some times 1h or more after reboot.
I think is related to the audio drivers, may be.
I plugged a USB (5€ chinese) audio dongle, and disabled my onboard Audio card (GA H87m HD3).
I use also the last nvidia CUDA driver.

I boot with
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f nvda_drv=1</string>

Now my hack freeze not so often, but just rarely.
But freeze!

No other thinks to try!
Share your experience please.

This can help to solve.
Tx

Same problems. But randomly.
Some time few minutes after boot, some times 1h or more after reboot.
I think is related to the audio drivers, may be.
I plugged a USB (5€ chinese) audio dongle, and disabled my onboard Audio card (GA H87m HD3).
I use also the last nvidia CUDA driver.

I boot with
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f nvda_drv=1</string>

Now my hack freeze not so often, but just rarely.
But freeze!

No other thinks to try!
Share your experience please.

This can help to solve.
Tx

I solved my freeze problems only with clover. I tried everything with chameleon but without success.

I am also getting this freezing problem after about 1 to 3 minutes after start up in Yosemite 10.10.1. I recently upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 16GB, and I also recently installed the audio HDA driver (Optional HDAEnabler -> Audio ID: 1).

I am noticing that if I run memtest in a terminal window, then the computer does not freeze. For some reason, if the computer does not freeeze within the first 5 minutes, then it seems to be stable for the rest of the day. After 5 minutes, I just stop the memtest program.

Try removing Cuda, I started getting freezes with a new build using the latest version of Cuda over the weekend, when I removed it, the freezing went away.
Cuda also broke my sound, which resulted in me starting over again.

ALLDAR, try do this and tell me if your hackintosh will freeze... Boot the machine then go to "about this mac", "system report" and click on the "LOG" voice under "Software" branch. My Hackintosh hangs every time i do this...
:beachball:

Wow, yes. Freeze instantly. I have 10.10.1, GTX660, using standard drivers. Did you ever resolve this?

i ran the upgrade and everything was fixed..:D

try it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back