Contribute
Register

Yosemite installs with Clover BUT NO DRIVERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
Intel i7 4930k
Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I was finally able to get Yosemite installed with Clover after much tweaking (although my system shouldn't have required much at all). But now after the first login (and first time into the OS at all..) there is major lag, no internet connection, no audio, and the screen is completely redrawn every time I do something..
**to clarify, this is happening immediately after I do a full install of OSX and log in to a fresh account**

System:
Asus Sabertooth x79
GTX 780
i7 4930k
Installing to SSD

I am almost certain this problem has something to with my procedure, so someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Here's my procedure:

1. Followed the Clover install guide up to the point of installing Clover to the USB

2. At that point I tried what another ASUS board user had done which was use the following settings on the config:
-UEFI Booting Only
-Install Clover in the ESP
**with these options set, many of the recommended options are greyed out such as Drivers64UEFI
which is what I suspect the problem is **

3. I installed using the standard .plist file which didn't work (prohibition sign) and so I decided to build a .plist file with everything configured for my system, including iMessage stuff. This was the .plist that actually for the first time got me into the installer.

4. Everything else was like the guide.

--Reasons I didn't use the normal procedure--

-Until I checked the "UEFI Boot only" option in the Clover instal, I was unable to boot into my flashdrive's EFI partition

-I received a helpful guide to configuring my .plist file for my system, so I decided to save time :)lol:) and use the full "working" config on the install.

Thanks everybody. This is my stopping point at the moment, so if anyone can recommend a solution, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyone have any ideas please?

I would benefit from any comments at all on this topic haha. Anyone have something to help me out? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back