Contribute
Register

Yosemite Installation stuck when it's halfway there (At grey screen with centered apple logo and pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI plus
CPU
Intel Core i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I've tried all these boot flags, but I can't seem to get it to work. First I got some panic error, but now it's stuck when it's halfway there (progress bar). I'm sure it's stuck, because I've let my desktop on all night, but no change at all.

My Rig:
e.PNG
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI PLUS.
Btw, my RAM is DDR4, don't know if this matters.

I'm trying to install the current Yosemite, btw. :p

1. Load Optimized Defaults (done)
  2. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it (done)
  3. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it (done)
  4. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it (I didn't see this option.)
  5. Set OS Type to Other OS (I didn't see this option anywhere at bios.)

Would highly appreciate any help!

Here are the error screens with different boot flags:
View attachment 136511
I entered npci=0x3000 -v

View attachment 136515
I entered dart=0 -no-zp -f -v -x

View attachment 136516
I think I entered npci=0x3000 maxmem=4096 -no-zp (not sure if I entered -x)

IMG_0054.jpg
I entered -v -x maxmem=4096 vn_disable=1

IMG_0055.jpg
I entered -v -x maxmem=4096 vn_disable=1 npci=0x3000

Lawl, even vmware install stucks when it's halfway there xD

Hi guys,

I've tried all these boot flags, but I can't seem to get it to work. First I got some panic error, but now it's stuck when it's halfway there (progress bar). I'm sure it's stuck, because I've let my desktop on all night, but no change at all.

My Rig:
View attachment 136501
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI PLUS.
Btw, my RAM is DDR4, don't know if this matters.

I'm trying to install the current Yosemite, btw. :p

1. Load Optimized Defaults (done)
  2. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it (done)
  3. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it (done)
  4. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it (I didn't see this option.)
  5. Set OS Type to Other OS (I didn't see this option anywhere at bios.)

Would highly appreciate any help!
please use the boot flag -v to boot up in verbose mode to see where it is hanging please post a screenshot to this website in this thread for further troubleshooting

please use the boot flag -v to boot up in verbose mode to see where it is hanging please post a screenshot to this website in this thread for further troubleshooting

IMG_0046.jpg
I entered npci=0x3000 -v

IMG_0052.jpg
I entered dart=0 -no-zp -f -v -x

IMG_0050.jpg
I think I entered npci=0x3000 maxmem=4096 -no-zp (not sure if I entered -x)

Haswell-E processor don't have native support on OS X.

If you are using UniBeast method, you have to patch the kernel and need to replace/add some of the kexts.

Is that done??

Which guide you are following??

woops! That's definitely it, I always see a kext error at -v

How do I patch it and replace/add some of the kexts? :D

Btw, I just followed the simple guide here.

Haswell-E processor don't have native support on OS X.

If you are using UniBeast method, you have to patch the kernel and need to replace/add some of the kexts.

Is that done??

Which guide you are following??

That's definitely it! I haven't done that kind of stuff.. It always says something with kext when I enter -v mode. How to patch the kernel and replace/add kexts? :D

Btw, I just followed the simple guide here.

i would try cpus=1 -x -v with only one stick of ram in and try that if that doesn't work then you will need to patch the kernel clover is very decent at auto patching

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! I tried cpus=1 -x -v but it gave the same error I encoutered before.
136517d1430940437t-yosemite-installation-stuck-when-its-halfway-there-grey-screen-centered-apple.jpg

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! I tried cpus=1 -x -v but it gave the same error I encoutered before.
View attachment 136569
i would give clover a try and attempt to use the acpi patches available from the clover boot menu and some of the other kernel patches available it will make it easy for you since you have no patching experience however there is a steep learning curve for clover the newest version of the clover configurator actually has a haswell e kernel patch that's as easy as a check mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back