Contribute
Register

Yosemite Install Using Clover on Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the system profile back to 3.1 for the usb install allowed me to get through it thank you.

@P1LGRIM, This was for a installing osx, so no AppleTyMCEDriver.kext or system library existed yet.

Changing the system profile back to 3.1 for the usb install allowed me to get through it thank you.

@P1LGRIM, This was for a installing osx, so no AppleTyMCEDriver.kext or system library existed yet.

Not a good idea to choose MacPro4,1 then.

The /S/L/E and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext is present on USB too. Those are hidden.

Interesting , thank you.

I have not had much time to spend getting things up and running this week, I used Macman's shell script from the original post, and was able to get audio devices listed but no sound yet. I will go through the No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] later to troubleshoot that.

Like tofuconfetti mentioned, the GenericUSBXHCI kext acts strange with the current settings, right now I have no working usb 3 on the rear ports. I will have to check my mavericks install to see what version is working.

My main issue right now is getting dual boot with Yosemite and legacy windows 7. I can boot into windows 7 by quitting the clover boot loader. However selecting the system reserved drive results in a hang. Before I spend too much time attempting on getting that working, is it possible to dual boot these separate drives without re installing windows 7 on a GPT?

My main issue right now is getting dual boot with Yosemite and legacy windows 7. I can boot into windows 7 by quitting the clover boot loader. However selecting the system reserved drive results in a hang. Before I too much time attempting on getting that working, is it possible to dual boot these separate drives without re installing windows 7 on a GPT?

Me too failed to boot Legacy Windows through clover. Better install Windows in UEFI mode, so that you can boot into Windows through clover as well.

For anyone following this thread, I updated the original post to show how this install easily upgrades through the Tonymacx86 recommended method using the apple upgrade route. El Capitan so far works great.

did anyone try successfully installing el capitan on UD5 still in bios ? Installing works fine, but booting doesn't ... it wirks fine through usb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back