Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if anybody is still interested in buying this Handoff Capable cards, I found this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Broa...-g-n-Wireless-Card-with-BT4-0/2054147349.html

It's from china though, but it looks legit!

Yeah, that is the same card. 29 days delivery and you might have to pay customs. I personally wouldn't do it but it's your money. If you do it by credit card or paypal you can always try and get your money back if it doesn't work out.

Beware of the customs, thats all I say. They put the price cheap but it's not counting with customs.

Let us know if it worked out for you

hows handoff working for you bro? working okay? also you can just use Bootcamp drivers even tho your on a hackintosh ;)

Yes mate, everything is just 100% perfect!! in windows and all

PS. The one from aliexpress is the right card and adapter. The same you and I ordered. The antenas are better on the aliexpress one as they are 6db.

I would still prefer to buy from ebay and local. You won't have to be waiting a month, it's free delivery and no customs

I get the same result. I can answer and I can make an outgoing call, but the opposite can't hear me.
USB mic? I think facetime is screwed up. I think it ignores "Default system" for device and instead uses wrong input. I'm pretty sure facetime is flat out ignoring my USB mic. I'm not sure how to fix that issue. Most apps let you specify line in, but not facetime.
Just launch FaceTime and on the top menu go under video and choose your audio input. It will stay after reboot.

I did what demon suggested but still no luck. Demon, did you actually get your phone relay to work 100%? Do you have a usb mic? Mine is in the usb webcam. My facetime works when I use it over the facetime protocol, but not phone relay.

gunna set my alarm early lol i don't need to worry about windows cause i only have OS X lol

I did what demon suggested but still no luck. Demon, did you actually get your phone relay to work 100%? Do you have a usb mic? Mine is in the usb webcam. My facetime works when I use it over the facetime protocol, but not phone relay.

Gonna try it now. I haven't tried it yet

UPDATE: It's working fine. Just phoned my other non iOS mobile and everything is great. I also have the mic on the webcam. Its a C270 HD webcam

gunna set my alarm early lol i don't need to worry about windows cause i only have OS X lol

lol, I woke up 3 or 4 times in the night. It's not normal is it?! It will be worth the wait J

I have windows for my gaming. Many games won't come out for OS X. I also need it for a bunch of other things, I'm an IT Technician and rely on windows to do a lot of stuff not compatible with OS X

Is it me or Yosemite autocorrect is worse than Mavericks?

I just got mine to work too. I had soundflowerbed application installed. When I ran the uninstall script (not just deleting the app), and rebooted, everything worked.

I just got mine to work too. I had soundflowerbed application installed. When I ran the uninstall script (not just deleting the app), and rebooted, everything worked.

Cool, the only things I haven't tried yet is sms relay and instant hotspot. Has anyone tried that? I'm still on 8.0.2.

Don't want to update because of the date trick

Cool, the only things I haven't tried yet is sms relay and instant hotspot. Has anyone tried that? I'm still on 8.0.2.

Don't want to update because of the date trick

I can confirm sms relay works well. I'll try hotspot now.

[UPDATE] I couldn't get hotspot to work but then again, I don't trust my bluetooth card so don't use my test as evidence.

[edit] wait, how did you test phone relay on ios 8.0.2?

i haven't tried it I'm going to wait till the WIFI and Bluetooth comes tomorrow :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back