Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm sms relay works well. I'll try hotspot now.

[UPDATE] I couldn't get hotspot to work but then again, I don't trust my bluetooth card so don't use my test as evidence.

[edit] wait, how did you test phone relay on ios 8.0.2?

I just launched FaceTime and dialled my non iphone number that I have on an old sony. Well, wrote the number and since i have it saved the contact popped up and i clicked on the handset and mobile and dialled. My phone shows that FaceTime is dialling

the BCM94360CD which comes in the adaptor is a gigabit WIFI :thumbup:which I'm shocked about u know i just had message from the seller cause i asked him for the model and googled it its a gigabit WIFI

the BCM94360CD which comes in the adaptor is a gigabit WIFI :thumbup:which I'm shocked about u know i just had message from the seller cause i asked him for the model and googled it its a gigabit WIFI

Yeah I know. I told you, visit my link. I have screenshots there. This is the latest and greatest from apple. 2014 model, The asus PCE-ac68 card (one of the first pcie cards to support AC) is a lot more expensive than this and not fully supported in OS X Yosemite plus the one we have is as good as the asus and native with AC support. Look at the price [AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/PCE-AC68-Wireless-Express-Network-Interface/dp/B00EC9S3LI[/AMAZON-uk] plus a fiver shipping. Remember, the asus does not have bluetooth!!

It's a bargain!

The downside to it is that now I'm looking for an AC router... :( I don't want to spend much...

id rather have a Apple one tbh cause then you know its going to work OOB also features such as handoff also new features that comes out in the future

Yeah, that is the same card. 29 days delivery and you might have to pay customs. I personally wouldn't do it but it's your money. If you do it by credit card or paypal you can always try and get your money back if it doesn't work out.

Beware of the customs, thats all I say. They put the price cheap but it's not counting with customs.

Let us know if it worked out for you

Yeah, I know but I'm actually from Brazil and there is literally none of those available at the moment in local market, also when it comes on sale, it usually comes at more than double of the price in this aliexpress link, so I'll probably buy it anyway and considering it is a gigabit Wi-Fi+Bluetooth 4.0, it's well worth it :)

awww man. if only i didnt have to have that baby back in july.. haha

handoff, you will soon be mine. OH YES! you will be mine.

Can I ask what you are all using for system definitions? I thought a lot of the handoff/continuity features would only work if your Mac identifier was 2012 or newer.

I'm using the standard TonyMac Mac Pro 3,1 that gets populated with MultiBeast. Do I have to change my system definition, or is it just about having the proper bluetooth and wifi card?

Thanks!

I just launched FaceTime and dialled my non iphone number that I have on an old sony. Well, wrote the number and since i have it saved the contact popped up and i clicked on the handset and mobile and dialled. My phone shows that FaceTime is dialling

I ordered one from the UK, but in my excitement, I didn't even bother to check if it works with Windows 8.1. I do a lot of gaming in Windows. Does it work for you?

theshiv. system def doesn't matter. Only the following 3 things

1. It's bluetooth 4.0
2. It supports Low energy
3. It's apple oem/vendor.

the 3rd check is kind of crappy of apple, and why most 3rd party solutions don't work. but it is what it is.

Normally I would only use wired internet connection, as I usually find them more reliable, but just for comparison, I have done a speediest using both wired (onboard) and using the new ac enabled wifi card going through a new time capsule that is ac enabled.

This test shows the wired connection speeds http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3850676669

and this one using the ac wifi http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3850679124

Have to say, pretty happy with them wireless ones :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back