Contribute
Register

Yosemite -> El Capitan on an ASUS P5Q Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have the same issue. I'm working actually with Yosemite 10.10.5 with Chameleon and not problems. When I try to boot El Capitan Install I obtain the same kernel Panic. I'm going to do some test with BIOS configs and flags, but I believe that you and I have to wait from a El Capitan's Chimera version...

If I get it I will tell. :banghead::banghead:

Do you have the option to disable USB3 in BIOS? That has worked for some people, and then you can try to resolve the underlying problem once El Capitan is up and running.

While you're in there I would also confirm XHCI mode is set to Smart Auto and EHCI Handoff and XHCI Handoff are both enabled, if you have those options.

image1.jpgimage13.jpgimage12.jpgimage10.jpgimage9.jpgimage8.jpgimage7.jpgimage6.jpgimage11.jpgimage5.jpgimage4.jpgimage3.jpgimage2.jpgimage14.jpg

There is my BIOS, and is running properly with Yosemite 10.10.5 and Chameleon provided by Unibeast. I don't know how I can change for Clover...

If you can help me... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks in advice.

Did you guys ever figure it out? I'm stuck with the same problem!

I share your mobo. I might be OT but I think you want to hear what I am goint to tell you.
You are running a bugged version of BIOS (yours is 1510 as far as I see); ASUS upgraded the P5Q-E Bios to version 2101 (and I guess P5Q Pro too).
I remember having your version and getting into troubles with AHCI and SATA ports.
I never managed to boot Mac OS X (at the time it was 10.5.8 aka Leopard) with that version.

You can find the upgrade at the your motherboard's site : http://www.asus.com/it/Motherboards/P5Q_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/ .

That said I don't think that the issue is the BIOS settings. If you change your bootloader from Chameleon to CLOVER you need to move your kexts from /Extra to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. Try booting without Caches at first.

I'm in the same situation. I don't upgraded my BIOS cause to prevent malfunctions with OS X, because it's still working properly and I don't know what will happen if I update BIOS.

I'm still waiting for a Chameleon version of UniBeast that let me install El Capitan in my PC.

Anybody has news?

Thanks in advice.:thumbup:

Anyone have any luck yet??

What driver did you use OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64?

I've got the same problem with my install but with other motherboard P8P67 LE when I used
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 but with OsxAptioFixDrv-64 it's ok

With old
mobo we should to use this driver

When I try to install ElCapitan - My Mobo only booting with custom dsdt & these boot args in clover: -v -f npci=0x2000.
My custom dsdt here: link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back