Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all
I used to be on ML - there were no problems. Now I'm on yosemite, but I get a weird boot freeze:
I have two discs installed, one (1st boot priority disc) with yosemite, and the other with windows 7

If I turn on my computer - Chimera freezes at the spinning wheel.

If I press f12 during bios -before chimera loads- and I choose the windows disc, windows loads just fine...

Here's the funny thing. As soon as windows has been loaded and I restart, chimera boots just fine. I can even restart multiple times the rest of the day without any problems. But as soon as I shut the power off, chimera refuses to work until I have paid windows a visit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Btw - If I remove the windows disc, chimera boots without any problems.

Hi all
I used to be on ML - there were no problems. Now I'm on yosemite, but I get a weird boot freeze:
I have two discs installed, one (1st boot priority disc) with yosemite, and the other with windows 7

If I turn on my computer - Chimera freezes at the spinning wheel.

If I press f12 during bios -before chimera loads- and I choose the windows disc, windows loads just fine...

Here's the funny thing. As soon as windows has been loaded and I restart, chimera boots just fine. I can even restart multiple times the rest of the day without any problems. But as soon as I shut the power off, chimera refuses to work until I have paid windows a visit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Btw - If I remove the windows disc, chimera boots without any problems.

Seems there is an issue with your Chimera installation. Maybe a reinstall of Chimera could do the trick.
Also check the boot sequence in your bios. It should be the osx installion is first.

GL & HF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back