Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
New build using OSX 10.10 Clover, on Asus Z87-A MB and EVGA GeForce 740 graphics. System boots and runs OK, but does not completely shutdown using OSX shutdown menu item. After a considerable time I turn off using system power button long press, but that seems to cause filesystem corruption problems.

No shutdown errors obvious to me in the system log, but I do get a ton of the error messages like the below in the log.

Appreciate ideas how to diagnose and/or fix. Thx, Gus

Mar 31 18:48:38 Randys-iMac coreduetd[41]: CoreData: error: (11) Fatal error. The database at /var/db/CoreDuet/coreduetd.db is corrupted. SQLite error code:11, 'database disk image is malformed'
Mar 31 18:48:38 Randys-iMac coreduetd[41]: Core Data: error: -executeRequest: encountered exception = Fatal error. The database at /var/db/CoreDuet/coreduetd.db is corrupted. SQLite error code:11, 'database disk image is malformed' with userInfo = {
NSFilePath = "/var/db/CoreDuet/coreduetd.db";
NSSQLiteErrorDomain = 11;
}

Boot without caches then try shutdown.

Didn't help. I've also tried, in a terminal, sudo shutown -h now and sudo halt. Those commands dont seem to work either. Gus

Same problem here. Solved checking -guz_defer_usb2 argument in Clover config.

clover.jpg

I think I may have solved the problem by installing the latest NVidia Web drivers for Yosemite. Tested a few times, and shutdown/startup seems to be working correctly.

I'm a novice and didn't think of this. But in plowing around in my logs I saw things that made me guess the system was panicking on shutdown, and that the stock Apple/NVidia drivers could be involved. So I downloaded NVidia's latest web drivers for Yosemite and installed them, and the problem seems to be resolved.

It's better to be lucky than good :) Gus

Installing the 10.10.4 nvidia driver worked for my shutdown issue as well. I too have the Geforce 740. I am using clover and had to change my smbios to reflect macpro 3.1 so the nvidia installer would actually run. Thank you for posting your fix! I have read a mess of posts about this issue and yours was the only one that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back