Contribute
Register

Yosemite Audio - GA-Z87MX-D3H / ALC892

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it help some of you out, it would be my guess that if the same issue crops up on other hardware then the solution would be the same. It appears as if there is some conflict with the .kexts files, maybe down to signing as one fellow member suggests i don't really know I'm just guessing. The Hackintosh enlightened ones could shed more light i am sure.

OneLove!

Thanks for posting your solution and seems to work for my ASRock z77 Pro board (same drivers tho).

Having said that the volume is extremely low compared to my previous mavericks setup. Have you noticed the same issue as well? My internal sound is completely maxed out and I can barely hear it.

Thanks for posting your solution and seems to work for my ASRock z77 Pro board (same drivers tho).

Having said that the volume is extremely low compared to my previous mavericks setup. Have you noticed the same issue as well? My internal sound is completely maxed out and I can barely hear it.

Never mind my last post, I just had to go to the Output tab and select internal speakers, and then I could control the output volume. Works like a champ!
sound.jpeg

Thanks for the info. Was able to get sound on Yosemite by keeping stock AppleHDA.kext and using MultiBeast patch. Only problem was not able to get HDMI sound to work, even with optional HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio selected. I am using clover to load on this motherboard , GA-Z87MX-D3H.

After a day of frustration with getting ALC892 working i finally managed to get it going. FYI i am no expert, merely the blind leading the blind.

In a clean install of Yosemite i have no audio or audio devices showing in "System preferences/Sound". I went into "/System/Library/Extentions" I Deleted "AppleHDA.kext" "AppleHDA892.kext" "realtekALC.kext". Then i went into /Library/Receipt/ I Deleted "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.bom" and "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.plist".

I then emptied my trash can, restarted computer then ran MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.0.0 where i installed /Driver/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ and checked ALC892. Then click build then click on Install. After Successful install reboot the computer and use the bootflags "kext-dev-mode=1" once back into Yosemite goto /System Preferences/Sound and select internal audio. Bingo you should have sound, at least thats what worked for me, Good luck!

Question for anyone who knows i have <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> in my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Clearly i have typed it in wrong as i am forced to type "kext-dev-mode=1" at boot. How should it be properly formatted?

I love ya man xD
thanks a lot

i only delete the first one, then I installed via multibeast 7 and add the flag

thanks a lot

I love ya man xD
thanks a lot

i only delete the first one, then I installed via multibeast 7 and add the flag

thanks a lot
I only deleted the first kext as well, but I also removed another suspicious looking kext file called "AppleHDADisabler.kext". I don't know if it did anything for me, but either way I have audio now so I can't complain. If anyone is having trouble getting this guide to work for them, try deleting "AppleHDADisabler.kext".

Hi! I am not even able to install it! What boot flags have you used for installing? I have removed the 2nd RAM module, removed the nVidia card, only using 1 display with the onboard video card. Thanks!!

Does anyone have working HDMI yet in Yosemite with Clover? What is the best method for this card without discrete graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back