Contribute
Register

Yosemite Audio - GA-Z87MX-D3H / ALC892

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

What is the simplest way of getting HDMI audio to work on this motherboard?

Thanks Toleda. Tried following these steps. Patched AppleHDA driver using clover method. Can get sound output through speakers fine, no HDMI device. Used Maciasl to clean compile dsdt, applied patch. Loaded into clover. machine crashes at startup. Clean dsdt loads fine. Get ACPI error, driver not found for device. Also does this board require frame buffer edits?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.6 KB · Views: 153
Thanks Toleda. I think you are correct. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't fix if for me. The problem seems to be from the updated version of Clover and possibly Yosemite. Was able to boot fine on an older version of clover with same DSDT. Unfortunately the older version doesn't work properly with Yosemite.

After a day of frustration with getting ALC892 working i finally managed to get it going. FYI i am no expert, merely the blind leading the blind.

In a clean install of Yosemite i have no audio or audio devices showing in "System preferences/Sound". I went into "/System/Library/Extentions" I Deleted "AppleHDA.kext" "AppleHDA892.kext" "realtekALC.kext". Then i went into /Library/Receipt/ I Deleted "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.bom" and "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.plist".

I then emptied my trash can, restarted computer then ran MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.0.0 where i installed /Driver/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ and checked ALC892. Then click build then click on Install. After Successful install reboot the computer and use the bootflags "kext-dev-mode=1" once back into Yosemite goto /System Preferences/Sound and select internal audio. Bingo you should have sound, at least thats what worked for me, Good luck!

Question for anyone who knows i have <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> in my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Clearly i have typed it in wrong as i am forced to type "kext-dev-mode=1" at boot. How should it be properly formatted?

Many thanks. Great post. Worked. Im 100% working again with Yosemite.

After a day of frustration with getting ALC892 working i finally managed to get it going. FYI i am no expert, merely the blind leading the blind.

In a clean install of Yosemite i have no audio or audio devices showing in "System preferences/Sound". I went into "/System/Library/Extentions" I Deleted "AppleHDA.kext" "AppleHDA892.kext" "realtekALC.kext". Then i went into /Library/Receipt/ I Deleted "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.bom" and "com.tonymacx86.AppleHDA-892.pkg.plist".

I then emptied my trash can, restarted computer then ran MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.0.0 where i installed /Driver/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ and checked ALC892. Then click build then click on Install. After Successful install reboot the computer and use the bootflags "kext-dev-mode=1" once back into Yosemite goto /System Preferences/Sound and select internal audio. Bingo you should have sound, at least thats what worked for me, Good luck!

You sir, saved me from my ongoing frustration! For other users, it may help to install a fresh install of Multibeast on 'Yosemite', not run Multibeast from the USB.

Thanks Toleda! You were correct, it was Clover. I had removed all DSDT fixes through Clover Configurator, but was still getting KP. When I edited config.plist with a plist editor and changed all fixes to false I was able to load patched DSDT. Got HDMI audio working again on this motherboard.

Question for anyone who knows i have <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> in my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Clearly i have typed it in wrong as i am forced to type "kext-dev-mode=1" at boot. How should it be properly formatted?

Hi everybody, thanks for the very promising thread. I was (no offense toleda) quite confused by the guides and fixes for AppleHDA on the forums. My board is the ASUS Sabertooth x79 so I require the ALC892 drivers. From the initial instal of Yosemite I don't have any sound or output devices showing up, so I tried this fix, but with no luck. So, can anyone point me in the right direction of where to begin troubleshooting? Or how to understand toleda's guides? :lol::lol:

Thanks much everyone.
Full specs other than motherboard:
i7 4930k
GTX 780
48 GB of RAM

Thanks so much for this thread, statesidela and toleda. After the Yosemite 10.10.1 update, I resolved to fix it, and having tried this simple step I've now gotten sound. Wish I'd read to have Kext-dev-id=1 earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back