Contribute
Register

Yosemite 10.10.1 - Black screen after install (Not the usual one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG RAMPAGE IV EXTREME - 16Gb DDR3
CPU
Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition
Graphics
GTX 970 - 4Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I managed to install Yosemite 10.10.1 (Alongside Windows 7 on the same HD) after tweaking around with bootflags and installed NVIDIA's drivers.

After the install&reboot using nvda_drv=1, everything was fine. Next reboot, stuck on a gray screen with the mouse cursor (I was able to boot with nv_disable=1 and dart=0). I followed a guide who showed how to change "Config1" to "none" in a Info.plist (Cleaned perms and cache), once again it booted perfectly. Next reboot ? Black screen.

I found out something strange : If I use the -s bootflag in the bootloader and directly 'exit' the bash, no boot problem.

I'm using Chameleon with these bootflags : -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1

I'm not locked out so it is not really a problem, but having to boot to bash and exit each time I want to start Yosemite is getting painful. Any ideas ?

Thank you

Hello everyone,
I managed to install Yosemite 10.10.1 (Alongside Windows 7 on the same HD) after tweaking around with bootflags and installed NVIDIA's drivers.

Have you modified/patched kernel??

After the install&reboot using nvda_drv=1, everything was fine. Next reboot, stuck on a gray screen with the mouse cursor (I was able to boot with nv_disable=1 and dart=0). I followed a guide who showed how to change "Config1" to "none" in a Info.plist (Cleaned perms and cache), once again it booted perfectly. Next reboot ? Black screen.

I found out something strange : If I use the -s bootflag in the bootloader and directly 'exit' the bash, no boot problem.

I'm using Chameleon with these bootflags : -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1

I'm not locked out so it is not really a problem, but having to boot to bash and exit each time I want to start Yosemite is getting painful. Any ideas ?

Thank you

Which system definition you are using now??

Have you modified/patched kernel??

Which system definition you are using now??

No modding or patching, just booted the install from a USB Stick using :
npci=0x3000 DSDT=No USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 dart=0
(I'm pretty sure some of them were useless but it worked so I didn't tried to optimise it), wich ran without any hitch then installed the drivers.

About the system definition, I didn't choose one yet. I tried to find one in a previous setup and ended up with a non bootable OS pretty much everytime so I stick with what's working,

Can any of it explain why I don't get a black screen if I start then exit the bash ? I can try and record a short video (Both normal boot and using the bash) if needed.

No modding or patching, just booted the install from a USB Stick using :
npci=0x3000 DSDT=No USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 dart=0
(I'm pretty sure some of them were useless but it worked so I didn't tried to optimise it), wich ran without any hitch then installed the drivers.

About the system definition, I didn't choose one yet. I tried to find one in a previous setup and ended up with a non bootable OS pretty much everytime so I stick with what's working,

Can any of it explain why I don't get a black screen if I start then exit the bash ? I can try and record a short video (Both normal boot and using the bash) if needed.

Choose proper system definition for your configuration from here : http://www.everymac.com

Before changing it read this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back