540m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi peeps, need advices/suggestions!

I am about to make myself an early Christmas gift - hackintosh. Already owning a macbook pro, external apple keyboard, mice, 23" monitor, couple of 1TB HDDs.

Read quite a few topics with builds on this forum, but just want to double check if I will not face any crazy incompatibility errors with my selection of hardware. Idea of this build is to have a perfect working machine (full time software dev) and a gaming rig (for running windows) and occasional video editing just for fun. I am open to any suggestions/offers for improvement as long as they do not exceed budget for this build extremely.

Any help appreciated!

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-19 22.11.07.png
    Screenshot 2014-11-19 22.11.07.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 157
Hardware options look absolutely fine. One minor point that I would make is that the 240GB SSD option is probably better long term. Use one for Windows and another for OS X. Its amazing just how fast 120GB disappears these days.

Thank you for reply. Definitely will consider larger SSD, but originally I thought about 2 x 120 one for each OS. Also still wondering if I will get enough benefit from i7 or better go for i5 and spend that extra money on GTX 770 or even 970

Thank you for reply. Definitely will consider larger SSD, but originally I thought about 2 x 120 one for each OS. Also still wondering if I will get enough benefit from i7 or better go for i5 and spend that extra money on GTX 770 or even 970

Windows will fill a 120GB drive extremely quickly - get a 240GB drive for Windows. The i5 processor is perfectly good for gaming and will cope very well with light home use level of video editing. A better GPU will be an advantage with our gaming in Windows.

Good luck man, noob to noob! I'll be watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back