i7-2600k
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge of all things Hackintosh or if I have posted in the wrong area (hate being the new boy). I was recently given a reasonable spec PC as my current one straight up died of old age, considering maybe a dual boot W8/OSX Hackintosh if this new one cuts it.

The specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte G77X-UDH Socket 1155
CPU: Intel i7-2600k
16GB Ram
128GB Samsung SSD
4TB HDD

It doesn't currently have a graphics card but will purchase a Hackintosh compatible one if its likely to work

Yes or No?

Thank you for any time you spend helping on this

Hi,

Apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge of all things Hackintosh or if I have posted in the wrong area (hate being the new boy). I was recently given a reasonable spec PC as my current one straight up died of old age, considering maybe a dual boot W8/OSX Hackintosh if this new one cuts it.

The specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte G77X-UDH Socket 1155
CPU: Intel i7-2600k
16GB Ram
128GB Samsung SSD
4TB HDD

It doesn't currently have a graphics card but will purchase a Hackintosh compatible one if its likely to work

Yes or No?

Thank you for any time you spend helping on this

Please recheck your motherboard model - the one you mention isn't listed on Gigabyte's website.

Apologies, was looking at wrong label.

Motherboard is Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H.

Thanks

Apologies, was looking at wrong label.

Motherboard is Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H.

Thanks

This build should work even with the Sandy Bridge CPU and Ivy Bridge motherboard. You can use the onboard HD3000 with this motherboard by booting using safe mode (-x) there is an option in MultiBeast for Intel Graphics patch for mixed configuration under the Drivers > Graphics option if you need to get it running with OS X before your GPU arrives.

Thank you so much for your help and your time, its very much appreciated. I will have a closer look into it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back