Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is likely in your config.plist. As is clearly documented in the guide, DropOem=true is required when there are patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

Now the DSDT with the GFX -> IGPU works :) Thank you for your patience. Now:
Audio and Fn keys. Maybe even not 100% brightness on boot.

Now the DSDT with the GFX -> IGPU works :) Thank you for your patience. Now:
Audio and Fn keys. Maybe even not 100% brightness on boot.

Refer to FAQ.

I was doing some more research into this restart instead of shutdown problem. Apparently it is fixed by adding the following to Config.plist:
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<true/>
</dict>

or

<key>SlpSmiAtWake</key>
<true>

It adds SLP_SMI_EN=0 at every wake. It may help solve sleep and shutdown issues on UEFI boot.
If that doesn't work it can be fixed by a DSDT patch:
Method (\_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
OSTP ()
there is
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
{
Store (ESMI, Local0)
And (Local0, 0xFB, Local0)
Store (Local0, ESMI)
Store (Arg0, Local0)
SALD (Local0)
}
replace with
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
{
Store (Zero, TRAP)
Sleep (0x10)
}
Source for that fix was from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/223205-dsdt-editor-and-patcher/?p=1931410
Still is this restart instead of shutdown common on hackintoshes? I couldn't find much info on it

Restart at shutdown is likely caused by _PTS "doing too much"... and causing a crash.

The FixShutdown_0004 patch makes _PTS do nothing when Arg0==5.

Nearly there :):

The battery runtime is still way worse than with Windows 10.

The brightness is not fully adjustable in the same steps as in BIOS/UEFI/Windows. Especially some lower settings are missing. During boot, when the loading bar reaches above 70% and the Apple Icon grows in size, the brightness always switches to 100%.

I applied the "brightness fix" and installed IntelBacklight.kext. - I tried to apply the Acpi 100 with the existing patched dsdt and a fresh one, also with ssdts where the device id is present, but I'm getting errors. I know the git of IntelBacklight.kext states one can customize the plist for more steps, but don't know how...
As usually requested, the natives files are attached

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 94
Nearly there :)
Awesome it is good to see progress made.
Audio is working via VoodoHDA
I don't know why but I shudder when I hear anything to do with Voodo on OS X. They are not native and all the experiences I have had with using Voodo stuff always resulted in instability and kernal panics. I definitely recommend looking at native AppleHDA patching. Look at here it seems like different devices have the same Codec as the XPS 9550. I think using native AppleHDA plus CodecCommander would have a better result!

The brightness is not fully adjustable in the same steps as in BIOS/UEFI/Windows. Especially some lower settings are missing. During boot, when the loading bar reaches above 70% and the Apple Icon grows in size, the brightness always switches to 100%.

OS X has 17 major steps (step 0 is black). Steps in between are available when you hold Option while pressing your brightness keys. Total steps including in between are 65.

Awesome it is good to see progress made.

I don't know why but I shudder when I hear anything to do with Voodo on OS X. They are not native and all the experiences I have had with using Voodo stuff always resulted in instability and kernal panics. I definitely recommend looking at native AppleHDA patching. Look at here it seems like different devices have the same Codec as the XPS 9550. I think using native AppleHDA plus CodecCommander would have a better result!

I'm definetlely going to look ad that in more depth. mirone is checking out some codec samples delivered to him this weekend. So far, Voodoo is working for me

OS X has 17 major steps (step 0 is black). Steps in between are available when you hold Option while pressing your brightness keys. Total steps including in between are 65.

Yes, but yet not every step has an effect, the screenshots attached have the same brightness, there are four steps away from each other. Setting "zero" sometimes turns the screen off, sometimes not. Windows offers lower settings.
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 00.14.29.png Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 00.14.42.png

Yes, but yet not every step has an effect, the screenshots attached have the same brightness, there are four steps away from each other. Setting "zero" sometimes turns the screen off, sometimes not. Windows offers lower settings.

Something is wrong with your setup.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Last edited:
Something is wrong with your setup.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Here are the archives. All but Downloads/RehabMan - as I don't have this folder in my Downloads.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    522 KB · Views: 65
  • terminalcommands.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 81
  • clover.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back