Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! thanks a lot, now i got 5 ghz working. But have another problem to solve, my download speed is low as compared to in windows or my smartphone. I get 19 mbps in my hackintosh vs 92 in windows with the same laptop. Is this common ?

Is that only after sleep? Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Is that only after sleep? Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

I had it enabled but its still strange as I never put my hackintosh to sleep, and after a restart its as fast as in windows.. Still thanks a lot rehabman. With 5ghz my bluetooth mouse doesn't lag anymore which is a big relief.

I had it enabled but its still strange as I never put my hackintosh to sleep, and after a restart its as fast as in windows.. Still thanks a lot rehabman. With 5ghz my bluetooth mouse doesn't lag anymore which is a big relief.

There are problems if you don't disable that option (it is in the FAQ).

Hi guys,

Can I kindly request @tdmsn , @Gymnae or anyone else with a working XPS 9550 UHD El Capitan Hackintosh to post the "final" working config.plist and kext used for both installation and running?

Pavel

Dear all,
my CLOVER folder is attached. It includes the config.plist, the kexts and efi drivers installed.
My system is running fine, just Messages, iCloud and the Apple Store are not working - but I guess this is because of the SMBIOS configuration.

Kexts installed in S/L/E:
  • IntelBacklight
  • ApplePS2SmartTouchPad
  • FakePCIID
My BIOS settings are as recommended for Laptop installs, but I keep VT-x and Fastboot active.

Hope this helps. Installation was only possible with NVMeGeneric and either deactivating the GPU with a FakeID or with FakePCIID_Intel_GbX

Attachments

• clover.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 208
The second last post and my answer to it were just moved/removed to a "pay to help" forum? There's such a thing? I don't find it.

Anyhow, someone asked for help and is willing to pay for it.
A half-arsed guide is coming up soon to maybe do that for free...

The second last post and my answer to it were just moved/removed to a "pay to help" forum? There's such a thing? I don't find it.

A half-arsed guide is coming up soon to maybe do that for for free...

Please read the Rules :
"No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance"

A half-arsed guide is coming up soon to maybe do that for for free...

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
  • No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.

Since Gymnae has posted this guide can one of the moderators lock this thread and all discussions can move over to the guide to keep everything in one place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back