Contribute
Register

xMove Installation Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion

xMove hanging ... Writing package receipts ...with about a minute remaining ?

Please before you report any issues- make sure you've followed the new guide to the letter.

You MUST install the Lion App to your CURRENTLY BOOTED Snow Leopard drive, then REBOOT. Otherwise, when you run xMove, it will not find the files it needs and throw you an error.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Attachments

• success.png
    success.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 305

tonymacx86 said:
Please before you report any issues- make sure you've followed the new guide to the letter.

You MUST install the Lion App to your CURRENTLY BOOTED Snow Leopard drive, then REBOOT. Otherwise, when you run xMove, it will not find the files it needs and throw you an error.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Did that Tony... hangs Writing package receipts ?

Install success! Just as I posted earlier, had to mount InstallESD.dmg.

Hilbe said:

You shouldn't need to do that- please use the guide- alternate workarounds will only confuse people. :)

tonymacx86 said:
Hilbe said:

You shouldn't need to do that- please use the guide- alternate workarounds will only confuse people. :)

I did use the guide. That's the problem. A few other users posted the same issue. So I posted a work-around.

I to followed the guide and needed to mount before success. People claiming it hangs, if your HDD light is on it is not hung, let it finish.

I used the Gold lion for a test, might be why it needed mounted. I wanted to test before buying from app store. This might be why some of us need to mount. It is installing now on my test drive, I will try sgain with the app store download.

Is this the issue you had Hilbe, been here for 15 minutes?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 10.16.30 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 10.16.30 AM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 265

Hilbe said:
tonymacx86 said:
Hilbe said:

I did use the guide. That's the problem. A few other users posted the same issue. So I posted a work-around.
I have same mobo and had no issues with installing with the xMove method and I did it several times.

Saying Lion cannot be installed in this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back