Contribute
Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this forum after recently learning about the new Mi Notebook pro and coming to the obvious question of if it could run OSX<insert national park>.
Shoutout to @RehabMan Thanks for lending everyone your vast wealth of knowledge. From reading the posts, my take away is #1 always read the FAQ (think you say this every 3rd post at least) #2 Follow the damn guides! (2nd only to reminding ppl to read FAQ's)
Having not built a computer in nearly 20 years, during my college engineering days, (is it still like legos?) I'm a bit behind on what's compatible with what, but do read up every now and then on the latest specs and tech, and watch some youtube reviews on new shtuff coming out.

I would love to get one of the 'Mi-book pro' top end models, install a 2nd sata drive, and be able to duel boot.
I don't mind having a stick out of the side for wifi/bt as I will probably opt for wired connection whenever possible and rarely use bt.
My question is
Any idea if you could run an external more powerful and more compatible graphics card in a casing?
I've seen some cases for external cards with thunderbolt connectivity, but not sure if usb 3.0 is quite fast enough for all tasks or even if this is practical.

At home, I use mainly an Imac, but am soon looking to build a rig that I can game on and dual boot MacOS.
Would mostly just use a laptop for camera tethering in the field.

I started to follow this thread a while a go because i want an Mi Notebook Pro (I've ordered it 3 weeks ago).
As I have build numerous of OSX(86) machines with Clover Im positive that there are possibilities.

Main problem is the WLAN as told before.

FYI for everyone:
The WLAN is located next to the fan. I can't see if it is soldered on and what type the connectors are.
There are numerous extension cord types for this, Im guessing it is a MHF4 type (for m.2 sockets).

WLAN-Full.png

WLAN-Closeup.png

I have yet to receive my Notebook Pro so I won't be 100% sure what type it is and if its soldered, I'll find out soon enough.

Another FYI:
The second M.2 connector is also NVME compatible! Not just SATA.

My idea if the WLAN is soldered:
Buy an M.2 WLAN compatible card for OSX. Buy some extension cords and have build in WLAN!

My idea if the WLAN is not soldered:
Ofcourse; replacing the old one with an compatible one.

Sorry, posted in the Air topic.. Not in the Pro topic.

Last edited:
Xiaomi Air 2017 i5-7200. Sierra 10.12.6
Ohhh!!! Change platform_id and gfx_id, and now OK!!!!!! 0x59160000 and 0x59168086
kext: FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup,Lilu,SATA-100-series-unsupported,USBInjectAll,VodooPS2Controller and XHCI-200-series-injector

Hi Xedos,
I have exact same Xiaomi Air 13 Fingerprint version as you do but cannot get installer usb to work. Would you upload your final clover folder please? Also what version of BIOS do you have 504 or 705?
Thank you

My bios 504

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
Hello,

I got my hands on a `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" 2016 with Bios A05` and I would like to install 10.13 (High Sierra) on it.

I have installed a SATA Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB on the second M2 slot which is visible from Windows.

Is there someone on this thread with the same laptop that successfully installed 10.13 on it? Can you please share with me the installation procedure and the clover config?

I tried to setup using the `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1).zip` from another forum but after creating the USB stick with 10.13.2 and installing the clover `Clover_v2.4k_r4334` I cannot make the laptop boot on the installer. I boot clover change the fake-id to 0x123456789, the platform-id to 0x19160002 add a -v argument on the boot args clover options. The laptop tries to boot for 5-6 seconds making progress (passes some Darwin bootstrap). Eventually it dumps some IO things (very fast) and reboots. I tried resetting the BIOS but I keep on having this experience.

Since I do not have any experience with laptop hackintoshes I wanted to start from some working guidelines.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I got my hands on a `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" 2016 with Bios A05` and I would like to install 10.13 (High Sierra) on it.

I have installed a SATA Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB on the second M2 slot which is visible from Windows.

Is there someone on this thread with the same laptop that successfully installed 10.13 on it? Can you please share with me the installation procedure and the clover config?

I tried to setup using the `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1).zip` from another forum but after creating the USB stick with 10.13.2 and installing the clover `Clover_v2.4k_r4334` I cannot make the laptop boot on the installer. I boot clover change the fake-id to 0x123456789, the platform-id to 0x19160002 add a -v argument on the boot args clover options. The laptop tries to boot for 5-6 seconds making progress (passes some Darwin bootstrap). Eventually it dumps some IO things (very fast) and reboots. I tried resetting the BIOS but I keep on having this experience.

Since I do not have any experience with laptop hackintoshes I wanted to start from some working guidelines.

Thanks for your help!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

RehabMan thanks for your help! Will do and post back

Yesterday was working perfectly fine.
Today It want start.

I only get this error:
IMG_20180105_220447.jpg

Hello,
I have the same laptop I5 modele 2016 and i have exactly the same error :
Did not find a usable Mac address
ACPI exception AE_alreadyexist
AMFlLoadTrustedKeys from NVRAM: failed getting NVRAM