Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know how to overclock the CPU to about 3.4 Ghz in manual mode? If i change the settings in the bios, im stuck at 2800 Mhz.

Hi there,

I am traveling between so many threads for days now and there is so many informations that I am bit lost. Maybe you can help me a bit.

Here are the component of my build:

CPU: E5-2688W ES 8x3,1 Ghz -> BIOS 5304
Mainboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS dual Socket 2011
GPU: GTX 760 4GB from MSI -> SLOT 5
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws Z Series 32 Go (4 x 8 Go) DDR3 2133 MHz CL11
Harddrive OSX:500 GB SSD Samsung Evo
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i 80PLUS Platinum, 1200W

I've finally succeed to install Maverick (10.9.1) and to boot from the HDD with the flags : npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1.

I've install the Multibeast with the DSDT from Salcazar (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/117069-asus-z9pe-d8-ws-dual-xeon-2011-a.html - Post #1), but I still have no sound and no Ethernet.

My question is do you know where I can found a kext to solve the sound and the Ethernet?
Or in a more synthetic and naïvely way, is there an updated DSDT that solves all the problems?

Thanks in advance for any kind of reply.

Cheers

Hi There,

My Ethernet problem is fixed but I still have no sound. Any ideas?

Hi There,

My Ethernet problem is fixed but I still have no sound. Any ideas?

I have used latest Multibeast and sound works with no problems. Dud you try it?

@mfan342

Hi mfan342,

Thanks for the reply. It works now! The problem came because I've installed Multibeast with the DSDT form Salcazar.
I've solved the problem by enabling the sound. So simple has that :)
I didn't though that I should modify a setting so evident. Anyway !

Thank you for taking the time to reply and to help me.

By the way, I will take the opportunity to ask you another question:

Does your USB 3.0 works without any problem? The things is that my different drives are recognized by the USB 3.0. I can read the files from the drives connected by USB 3.0 BUT I can't transfer files from/to the drive. I've got the message: 'Error code -36'
I know, it's strange.

So if you have any ideas, you're welcome.

Cheers

@mfan342

By the way, I will take the opportunity to ask you another question:

Does your USB 3.0 works without any problem? The things is that my different drives are recognized by the USB 3.0. I can read the files from the drives connected by USB 3.0 BUT I can't transfer files from/to the drive. I've got the message: 'Error code -36'
I know, it's strange.

So if you have any ideas, you're welcome.

Cheers

I`am using 3rd party USB 3.0 controller. Built-in USB 3.0 didnt work.

There´s a new usb3.0 kext update that works perfect, i will update my post and include it soon.

salcazar, that's great to hear, would be nice to have USB3 working.

I apologise if this is covered elsewhere, but have you had any luck with getting turbo boost to work in Mavericks?
Most of the posts I see suggest that it should be now possible but doesn't seem to be any definitive success stories of implementation.

I'm right in the middle of a Hackintosh build and am in over my head, I think. I've got the Asus Z9PE-D8 WS along with a TITAN and 2x 2687w's, and I can't get Mavericks to install. I'm totally new to this and would love to get some help or insight into how you got yours up and running. Maybe a guide? Basically, I'm freezing at the Apple logo when trying to run UniBeast Mavericks installer off thumbdrive. I've used -v -f -x etc. and it seems to be freezing on "PCI Configuration" if I have the BIOS set to "offboard," and if I have it set to onboard it freezes on "Waiting for boot device."

ANY/ALL help would be so very much appreciated. I'm very eager to get this very expensive paperweight up and running at the moment. haha

Thanks again,

Brock

Hi there,

Does anyone know any of these things:
• Why my machine keeps freezing VERY often. (often within 5 minutes)
• How to enable GTX 600/700 series to work on 0703 BIOS?
• Why my 2nd CPU and it's RAM slots are not detected when updating the motherboard BIOS from 0703 to anything higher?

I've swapped the CPUs around and it's still socket 2 that is not detected - so CPUs are fine.

I'm currently using a GTX 580, but it's reaaaly slow because I have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. (cinebench GPU score only 18fps) I'm guessing it's the reason for the freezes too as often the screen goes purple.

I also know the graphics card isn't faulty as it works well with no freezes and 40fps in Windows 7

I'm going to have to buy an iMac next week if I can't get this fixed as I have a big editing project to start.

So frustrating! :banghead:

Many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back