Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey arge711 - sorry haven't seen your post until now

To get 10.9.3 working you have to install it with the onboard gpu - then you have to run multibeast and install USB 3.0 all fakeSMC and alc898 without dsdt - then install the attached kexts with kextwizard and repair permissions and rebuild kext cache - then use chameleonwizard to install the latest chameleon and MacPro6,1 SMBios - for last install the newest nvidia web driver - shutdown - insert your gtx780 - reboot with -v npci=0x2000 dart=0 maybe you'll also need PCIRootUID=1 and you're good to go :thumbup:

View attachment 95129

Hi Nikezzz, new here but been following this for a while as I've been running a Windows box with the Z9PE-D8 WS. I finally decided to give hacking the machine a shot. I seem to be running into trouble after the first reboot after following all these instructions.

I get a kernal panic that points back to the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext

Any thoughts?

*Note. Eventually I want to get my Titans running on this system, but have just been using a Gtx660 since it was playing nicer with the installer.

Hey alg395,

Glad you have this a shot, it'll be worth it :thumbup:

Now regarding your problem I'm assuming you installed all the kexts I attached for arge711 (if not you should do so :D) so have you repaired permissions and rebuild kernel kext cache?

Your Titans will work if you install the nvidia web driver and cuda and also add nvda_drv=1 to your boot.plist

If you get the above working you can focus on enabling speedstep and turbo ;)

Ok, so I got it to boot without safe mode. BUT I got here by using Null power management and not your kext. I had been using all of them now just the other three. And yes I had repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache.

Nvidia web-drivers are installed and now activated. Copy that on adding the nvda_drv=1 will do that now.

Do I have to do the BIOS flash *before* using the power management kext?

Or could there be something else holding it up?

*edit: now that I'm not in safe-mode, for some reason I don't have internet...

Cheers,
-Alan

Do I have to do the BIOS flash *before* using the power management kext?

I'm not 100% sure but it should - however with NullCPUPowermanagement.kext overrides the AICPUP.kext

for Ethernet you need the newest kext from Multibeast

Got Ethernet working! :thumbup:

Though I installed Multibeast's USB3 driver at the same time and that's still giving me error -36.
Also no audio still. (Not the end of the world for what I do, but nice to have none the less)

I ran Geekbench and got 30,000 multicore 32bit score. This is with no power management.

When I was trying to use your patched power management kext, I did not have the null kext also installed. Only added that to try and get the machine to boot normally.

Thanks!

Though I installed Multibeast's USB3 driver at the same time and that's still giving me error -36.
Also no audio still. (Not the end of the world for what I do, but nice to have none the less)

USB 3.0 should work with the Multibeast kext (I believe - at least for USB 2.0 Devices and my iPhone it works :D)

I ran Geekbench and got 30,000 multicore 32bit score. This is with no power management.

Pretty good score :thumbup:

When I was trying to use your patched power management kext, I did not have the null kext also installed. Only added that to try and get the machine to boot normally.

You should be able to boot without the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ... I will attach the original AICP.kext you should definitely be able to boot with :think:

View attachment AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Got USB3 to work! Used a different kext from a project on source forge.

Titan #1 is installed and a go. Testing its speed now and getting around 50 fps average in unengine.

I'm going to try re-downloading the power management kext and report back.

Got USB3 to work! Used a different kext from a project on source forge.

could you share the link please? :)

Titan #1 is installed and a go. Testing its speed now and getting around 50 fps average in unengine.

This fits, doesn't it? Also be sure that SLI is not supported in OSX so your score maybe not getting higher with your second gpu installed - however you can use the cuda cores from the second gpu and also it's connections :thumbup:

Must be a super rig: 2 xeons + 2 titan blacks = awesome :clap::thumbup:

Verdict is it's a no-go on that AICPM kext that you just posted.

What could be holding that kext up from loading properly?

What does -v bring up?

Bad SSDT?

You should not be able to boot with an ssdt when your MSR is locked

Bad luck?

There's no luck :D

EDIT: If you are really trying to use a SSDT remove it set in the boot.plist DropSSDT=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back