Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anybody can help me out with a few small issues I"m still struggling with.

I tried updating the usb 3.0 firmware on windows but it always gives me an error. I'm really trying to get these back usb 3 ports working properly. If i plug any hard drive into it, it takes forever to mount, and it runs incredibly slow. Front ones work perfectly, but 2 just isn't enough and I installed a highpoint usb 3 card which works fine but I'd rather save that pci slot for something else.

Does anybody also know if any other sata ports work other the marvel ones? Has anybody gotten the 3g ports or the intel ports to work? I just rehoused my entire computer with a sweet new case and I got a massive amount of hard drives and ssds in there and I'm just trying to hook up a few more drive directly to my motherboard that's not on my raid card.

I'm also gonna try something fun this week and put a usb sound card directly inside the computer on the ports on the mobo and run a audio cable out of the case and see if I can have a cleaner audio setup like that :)

Hi drnoodle

xeon 269X V2 Is working fine with modded mac_kernel and OS X 10.9
only 2 speedstep and sleep is not working well

Hi... so please explain a "how to" and refer to a link. Which modded kernel exactly and how do i install it? Please dont write... "its working with blabla..." without posting any details. This a forum where we should help each other.

@fabiosun: THX FOR THE REPLY. You dont have any idea, but want to write down something important. I hate that kind of postings. Please help us to get 10.9 installed... unsubstantial replies dont help.

@ salcazar: would you try to add
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
to org.chameleon.Boot.plist rather than install AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily on the latest bios based system?

Giacomo :

I tried to do that but it didn't worked, was stuck at PCI Root init.

I would love to know which version Salcazar is using of FakeSMC to boot properly...

Hey all, anyone have any luck with 10.9 yet?

If so, could you link all pertinent files? Thanks!

Also --- Just ordered a EVGA GTX 670 FTW as a secondary card for my system.

@Paradigm99: Yes, i´m using 10.9 on my build. The kexts were posted, look some posts ago. If you are going to use a GTX670 i recommend you to update your BIOS.

Also i didn´t need to boot with "-f npci=0x2000" anymore.

@giacomoleopardo : I tried your suggestion, but it doesn´t work to me. I don´t know exactly why it should work, i have read that it´s a solution to some memory related. Our issue is with Pci Configuration Begin. If we use a early BIOS version (0703 and before) we can boot without PCI kexts, but after ASUS updated the bios to be Windows 8 compatible, we need to use the PCI kexts.

@drnoodle: I did a step by step installation guide. My SmBios is MacPro 5,1, i´m using a DSDT and the org.chameleon.plist is very usual.

I´m still waiting for a MacPro 6,1 smbios...

Just a Tip: REPAIR PERMISSIONS !!!!

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn´t work to me. I don´t know exactly why it should work, i have read that it´s a solution to some memory related. Our issue is with Pci Configuration Begin. If we use a early BIOS version (0703 and before) we can boot without PCI kexts, but after ASUS updated the bios to be Windows 8 compatible, we need to use the PCI kexts.
In one of my build (end of post #1) I had to add dart=0 to avoid AppleACPIPlatform.kext rollback.
I'd like to know which patch did you applied to your clean dsdt. Are you on 5206 bios?

Salcazar:

Thank for the reply, are you using the new Bios that was just released by Asus ? (5206)

You told us different versions of FakeSMC could have different behaviors with the rig, could you please share with us the version you are currently using ?

Did you modified something to be able to remove npci and -f ?

Thank you,

A.

@Salcazar... i get only a blackscreen and didnt get to the installer. So i cant use your guide.... :/ But i will try to get an Macbook to install it like you did on to another HDD and then installing Fakesmc and the Kexts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back