Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this guy has it working with a pre-release:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/122943

If you check his other scores it appears to be a z9pe d8.

Yea, but what is the indicator for successfully using turbo boost? His 3.25ghz seems slightly higher than the 3.1 the 2687 is capable of. 3.8 is supposedly turbo boost speeds. Seems like he may just be overclocking? I don't know enough about turbo boost to understand where it would show up in a gb score...

Yea, but what is the indicator for successfully using turbo boost? His 3.25ghz seems slightly higher than the 3.1 the 2687 is capable of. 3.8 is supposedly turbo boost speeds. Seems like he may just be overclocking? I don't know enough about turbo boost to understand where it would show up in a gb score...

I think the indicator would be a GB3 score of 42k instead of the ~28k. If you look at the top GB 3 results, his machine there (assuming it's the same machine) scores about the same on OSX vs windows, I don't think that would be possible without turbo working.

But I don't have one of these systems so I don't know for sure, hopefully someone who has one will chime in soon enough.

Turbo boost would be awesome!

I tried installing this morning, but after boot, got a white screen then a few seconds later, a kernel panic. anyone else experience this, or have a fix?

Thanks!

I will check 10.9 soon. My board is defective and i get a new one. In my other thread a user called "hk1cs" wrote that he is running up with 10.9... dunno. Hop he is posting a workaround. Cheers.

I have Mavericks running on my Z9PE, but no Turbo boost and no SpeedStep.

The strange way is i haven´t used NullCpuPowerManagement neither AppleCpu Patched.

I think there will be a way to use it at full power, but ... how? (Maybe a new SMBIOS Mac Pro 6.1?)

Let´s try!

Salcazar,

Would you mind describing the steps you followed ? kexts ? etc... ?

The only method that worked for me for 10.8.4 was yours.

hey guys

getting two different panics...
photo 2.jpgphoto.jpg
first with -v and npci=0x3000

and second with only -v

anyone have any thoughts?

thanks!

Paradigm99 :

I didn't tried yet removing NullCPU, but just booting with "-v npci=0x3000" I get a black screen after the PCI check.

Are you trying this over an already installed partition or the installer ? What kexts are you using ?

I tried doing it from a clean install, ill try to boot without NullCPU

I had trouble booting from a usb installer, so I installed it via my macbook pro, and tried booting, no luck either way

Ill keep u posted
Thanks!

Turns out its an issue with my bios. im still on 0311 -- needs an upgrade. im going to order the chip and will let you all know the results after i install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back