What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradigm99 said:
Just hit new high on Geekbench!
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/826589
Broke 28,000 by a decent bit...
Oddly, this one shows up as a Mac Pro 5,1 rather than a hackintosh... anybody know as to why?

Did you change your system definition? I've always used smbios.plist to define my machine as MacPro 5,1, so it's never shown up in Geekbench as a Hackintosh. Nice choice going with Case Labs!.

Another note... Im 16 years old but I know my way around computers quite well... so to anyone who is thinking about doing this (even though age doesn't matter -although it does to some) as long as you have a tech background the whole thing will go very smoothly -as long as you know what your doing =p

Next project is probably going to be an Apple G4 Cube Mod, really logging forward to that as it will be a challenge fitting everything inside a form factor so small!

Paradigm99,

Hey quick question those displays are all running at 1440p rite? How did you hook them up I have been on a search for the last 3 days for a video card that would run 3 1440p displays :D

I used the XFX 6870 listed above, and connected 2 of the displays to the MPDs on the card and the 3rd display to the DVI port using the Atlona DVI to MPD converter (model #
AT-DP400). You can buy one of these off of ebay and get a rally good deal.

Just be aware that it takes about 10 seconds for the 3rd display to receive signal after the other two, but after it does, there is ZERO drop in performance and everything works 100%.

Paradigm99 said:
I used the XFX 6870 listed above, and connected 2 of the displays to the MPDs on the card and the 3rd display to the DVI port using the Atlona DVI to MPD converter (model #

Just be aware that it takes about 10 seconds for the 3rd display to receive signal after the other two, but after it does, there is ZERO drop in performance and everything works 100%.
The sad thing about the Atlona DVI to MPD converter is that the max resolution it can run when booting into Windows 7 is 1280x720 so I am gonna go with a monitor that is 2560x1440 and supports dvi and displayport in :mrgreen:

Excellent work, i like dual cpu builds. you have enough grunt for years to come.

Paradigm99 said:

I think the only way to "improve" your hardware setup is replace all of your monitors with the MacBook Pro's Retina display. Making that work would be another topic entirely. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back