Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Il.F

Thank you for your detailed instructions. I will give this a try over the weekend.

You mentioned that audio does not work. Does turboboost and wake/sleep work for you?

Did you remove nullcpupowermanagement after you modded the bios rom? Or, do you still need to leave that in place?

Thanks again.

@Il.F

Thank you for your detailed instructions. I will give this a try over the weekend.

You mentioned that audio does not work. Does turboboost and wake/sleep work for you?

There is no turboboost on 2609v2.
I don't use sleep option at all, but 20min test showed that it's working.

Did you remove nullcpupowermanagement after you modded the bios rom? Or, do you still need to leave that in place?

Thanks again.
No, i didn't remove anything.

A lot of great info there. thanks.

Does speedstep work when you use the modded BIOS?

Also, what about an SSDT? Here's some related info about support for multiple CPUs added to ssdtPRGen (some of the comments are interesting): https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/ssdtprgen-v12-0-with-multi-processor-support/

I've flashed back on 5601 modded.
Sleep is working (tested for 1 hour).
Speedstep seems to be working although HWMonitor detects only 4 cores in Frequencies.

Here is output of ssdtPRGen:
ssdtPRGen.png

For modded bios: you can try to flash your bios with mine rom-file.
In attached 5601mod.zip: afudos.exe and 5601m.rom
Put both files on bootable DOS usb drive, boot from it and run command:
afudos.exe 5601m.rom /gan

Attachments

• 5601mod.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 100
I've flashed back on 5601 modded.
Sleep is working (tested for 1 hour).
Speedstep seems to be working

Awesome!

although HWMonitor detects only 4 cores in Frequencies.

HWMonitor is becoming obsolete. Try Intel Power Gadget.

Here is output of ssdtPRGen:
View attachment 183404

For modded bios: you can try to flash your bios with mine rom-file.
In attached 5601mod.zip: afudos.exe and 5601m.rom
Put both files on bootable DOS usb drive, boot from it and run command:
afudos.exe 5601m.rom /gan

No errors, good. So all you do is, in your config.plist, set SSDT / DropOEM and disable SSDT / Generate / CStates and PStates. And put SSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You can see if that makes any difference in benchmark performance and/or reported frequency states compared to your OEM SSDT. It should make it better. But who knows!

I'll definitely take advantage of your ROM file. Thanks! It looks like the troubleshooting on that patch job was a dooz. Did you use the instructions posted recently by Hawaii50?

Awesome!

HWMonitor is becoming obsolete. Try Intel Power Gadget.

No errors, good. So all you do is, in your config.plist, set SSDT / DropOEM and disable SSDT / Generate / CStates and PStates. And put SSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You can see if that makes any difference in benchmark performance and/or reported frequency states compared to your OEM SSDT. It should make it better. But who knows!

I'll definitely take advantage of your ROM file. Thanks! It looks like the troubleshooting on that patch job was a dooz. Did you use the instructions posted recently by Hawaii50?

Yes, for bios editing i used afuwin 5.05.04 and UEFITool 0.21.5 from Hawaii50 post (thx for that;)).
After some testing on 5601 I used afudos 5.05.04 to save bios and to restore it today.

I tried to install Intel Power Gadget from here but it said that it doesn't support 2 CPU configuration.

I tried to install Intel Power Gadget from here but it said that it doesn't support 2 CPU configuration.

Ah, that's too bad. I think it means that for the most accurate info, you would have to resort to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and the system log.

Hi is your guide compatible with bios 5602 for the z9pa-d8? i can't find the bios you've posted on the asus support driver site

this is the rest of the configuration

dual xeon e5-2670
32gb ddr3 ecc
gtx 970

do you think the silverstone ecu01 will be recognized in osx? if it works it's a good solution for the front panel to me

wifi bt and lan no problem cause i've choosen native supported hardware

thank you in advance! for the guide too!

@andrea.simeoni

I'm sure your board is similar to ours, but we are using bios 5601 for the Z9PE-D8. There is also a BIOS 5802 for Z9PE-D8 that I was never able to get to work.

I would look at see which version of BIOS for your board was current when 5601 was the latest for Z9PE-D8, then apply the mod as described in the video using the versions of tools I described on page 87 of this thread.

I modded a spare BIOS chip that was already flashed with 5601. I was later able to flash the original BIOS chip (which came with 5802) down to 5601.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back