Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After many Hours of Testing and Working i had some success.

My Config:
2x Xeon E5-2696 V2 (2x 12-Core with HT)
2x 32GB ECC REG Memory
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (Bios 5802, the NEWEST from ASUS)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti

There are some strange things i hope i can fix in future:
- Very low GPU Score in Maxon Cinebench 15 (60FPS) - In Windows i have about 120FPS
- A little lower score in Cinebench R15 CPU Score (2400) - In Windows i have about 3100

It seems to be that the Version of SMBIOS is affecting Speed/Score in Cinema 4D (Cinebench).

Mac Pro 6.1 - CPU 2400 - GPU 48 FPS
Mac Pro 5.1 - CPU 2100 - GPU 59 FPS
Mac Pro 4.1 - CPU 2100 - GPU 60 FPS

Some strange values with recognizing my memory. (Only 32GB are shown in Systemprofiler, and under the Activitymonitor there are strange values about 16TB ^^.

Sound is working with VoodooHDA 2.8.8.0. I do not use the builtin Network, dont wanna use the AppleE1000e.kext. So i use a HW patched Intel CT 82574l Desktop Adapter with modified ID und installed Apple EFI FW. Is working out of the box.

But at the moment it seems to be working stable. Hope i can fix the issues soon.
Geekbench 32bit: 40838 :)

Edit: Fixed the Wrong Amount of RAM by injecting RAM-SIZE per SMBIOS.

@TECH_ATTACK

That's a great GB score!

Are you running Mavericks, Yosemite, or El Capitan?

Did you use Clover or Chimera?

Which version of BIOS did you use?

Did you modify the BIOS?

Does your computer wake/sleep?

Where did you get the network kext?

I am running El Capitan using Clover (UEFI). I am using the actual Bios from ASUS (5802) not modified. I did not test Wake or Sleep, because there are some other things I described in the post above.
The network KEXT is provided from Apple with El Capitan. Like I said, I just modified an Intel Network CT Card, so that the card will accepted as an original Apple Network card.

I´ve tried other Mac OS X Versions for me. None did work or i had to disable Cores. Seems to be that alls Versions before El Capitan are having problems with too many cores.

I would be happy if someone can help me getting turboclock working. That would be awesome and i would get a big perfomance boost.

I´ve tried other Mac OS X Versions for me. None did work or i had to disable Cores. Seems to be that alls Versions before El Capitan are having problems with too many cores.

I would be happy if someone can help me getting turboclock working. That would be awesome and i would get a big perfomance boost.

Have you tried BIOS 5601 and performing the mods as described in the video? The video is getting a little dated, so I posted my experience on page 87. You need to be careful to get the right version of UEFItool or you cannot save the modded BIOS file.

I did test the modded 5601, but Turbomodes are not working. The SSDTgehnsh Script is not working as well, because it does not support/recognize my CPU.
So at the moment follow is not Working:

- X-FI Titanium HD
- Onboard USB 3.0 (any suggestions?)
- Turbomodes
- C States
- Sleep

But system is rockstable!

Edit: X-FI Titanium HD is now working with VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back