Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

after 7 years, I am finally going to upgrade my rig, so I was think of getting a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 instead of an i5.
It is hardly slower than an i7, but a lot cheaper, got Hyper-Threading feature. No integrated HD4600, I dont it anyway.

Now, the important question:
Will it work with Mac OS X Mavericks?
I know that the new Mac Pro comes with a Xeon E5 CPU, but does the system also recognize a Xeon E3?

LINGja

Hi,

after 7 years, I am finally going to upgrade my rig, so I was think of getting a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 instead of an i5.
It is hardly slower than an i7, but a lot cheaper, got Hyper-Threading feature. No integrated HD4600, I dont it anyway.

Now, the important question:
Will it work with Mac OS X Mavericks?
I know that the new Mac Pro comes with a Xeon E5 CPU, but does the system also recognize a Xeon E3?

LINGja

I would think so. Personally I use a Xeon E3-1240 (V1, Sandy Bridge) and it runs Snow Leopard / Lion / Mountain Lion well. Mavericks can also run but I still need to solve the problem of multi-booting Mavericks with the others.

So I would say yes, the Xeon E3-1230V3 should work with OSX Mavericks.

i saw your video already,can you suggest anther popular motherboard for me with E3V3 ,GA-H87N is hard to buy in China。

I would think so. Personally I use a Xeon E3-1240 (V1, Sandy Bridge) and it runs Snow Leopard / Lion / Mountain Lion well. Mavericks can also run but I still need to solve the problem of multi-booting Mavericks with the others.

So I would say yes, the Xeon E3-1230V3 should work with OSX Mavericks.

Hello, i dig that post out..;

I'm trying to build a hack with an ASUS c600 chipset and two XEON E3 xxxx V1.

I saw it was running some years ago with Mountain Lion.

DO you still have informations?

ThX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back