Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother about it anymore, I have figured out everything! I am writing a full guide, time is scarce though! Hope to get it done by next weekend, will keep you updated. In the mean time I would appreciate if you could enable "VRM CPU Spread Spectrum" in BIOS and do intense job like converting videos and see if you have random reset? Thanks

Ok, I confirm that: "CPU VRM spread spectrum" make random reset sporadically ...

Motherboard Model MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK

CPU Intel Xeon Procesor 12-Core, 2.50GHz (120W), Turboboost 3.3GHz, HT, 30MB L3 cache, socket 2011-3

Graphics Card Asus Nvidia GTX 980

x99 - Download DSST Editor - Windows ..

Please help run?

Hi, is there anyone who uses MSI mobo running El Cap?
I have MSI X99S SLI Plus, Xeon E5-2620v3 and GTX970, cannot make it boot because of PCI configuration stuck.
Here I attach my clover files and screen, hope someone finds something wrong pls let me know.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
  • bootlog.jpg
    bootlog.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 181
Motherboard Model MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK

CPU Intel Xeon Procesor 12-Core, 2.50GHz (120W), Turboboost 3.3GHz, HT, 30MB L3 cache, socket 2011-3

Graphics Card Asus Nvidia GTX 980

x99 - Download DSST Editor - Windows ..

Please help run?

Define exactly your issue.

Hi, is there anyone who uses MSI mobo running El Cap?
I have MSI X99S SLI Plus, Xeon E5-2620v3 and GTX970, cannot make it boot because of PCI configuration stuck.
Here I attach my clover files and screen, hope someone finds something wrong pls let me know.

I don't own this model, thus don't know a lot about this board. What I can suggest is to disable XMP if it's enabled in your BIOS and don't overclock anything for the time being. Secondly, I'm not that much convinced with your config.plist configuration. If the above mentioned doesn't fix that, try to figure out if this processor needs KernelPM to be enabled or use with FakeCPUID. kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 are not necessary.

I don't own this model, thus don't know a lot about this board. What I can suggest is to disable XMP if it's enabled in your BIOS and don't overclock anything for the time being. Secondly, I'm not that much convinced with your config.plist configuration. If the above mentioned doesn't fix that, try to figure out if this processor needs KernelPM to be enabled or use with FakeCPUID. kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 are not necessary.

It be possible if I will use your DSDT precompiled? If yes, can you send me?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back