Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lucke77,

I need to fix USB and would appreciate if you can do something to help. First of all disconnect your ROG OC Panel (both cables) if you have it connected. Go in the BIOS and load default configuration/values, then enable USB EHCI Handoff in configuration section and disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in the boot section. Boot in OS X and head to this link https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads and download the latest RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Then, with the Colver Configurator app, mount the EFI partition and remove any kext that you have installed for USB any custom DSDT and SSDT (copy a backup of them) that you have in your EFI partition. Copy the downloaded kext in Clover's 10.11 kext folder, make sure that any fixes related to USB that are in your config.plist are disabled. Reboot and test if you can achieve sleep without instant wake with it.

*On a side note, some of your USB ports that your are using to connect your keyboard and mouse might stop responding. For instance, this is a normal behaviour as we are not using any custom DSDT and fixes for right now. Just swap the connection the other ports to mainly test the sleep.

Thanks.
I'm sorry, but I read your post just today ... Now I'm out to work, in a few days I go home and I'll test the system with your instructions ... if you make progress, write also here, from my laptop I have with me, I can read that...
See you soon.

Asus X99-m WS Reporting in. Seems to be 100% Functional, including builtin wifi.

AT4tRyT.jpg

Great JedixJarf!
With the sleep as you did?

Great JedixJarf!
With the sleep as you did?

Hi,
ive seen that you got El Capitan up and running even the wifi.
I have almost the same setup as you except for the cpu(5960x)
and I would really appreciate a guide for my setup, did you follow one?
Or can you provide a tutorial what you used and how you did it.

thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry, but I read your post just today ... Now I'm out to work, in a few days I go home and I'll test the system with your instructions ... if you make progress, write also here, from my laptop I have with me, I can read that...
See you soon.

Don't bother about it anymore, I have figured out everything! I am writing a full guide, time is scarce though! Hope to get it done by next weekend, will keep you updated. In the mean time I would appreciate if you could enable "VRM CPU Spread Spectrum" in BIOS and do intense job like converting videos and see if you have random reset? Thanks

Don't bother about it anymore, I have figured out everything! I am writing a full guide, time is scarce though! Hope to get it done by next weekend, will keep you updated. In the mean time I would appreciate if you could enable "VRM CPU Spread Spectrum" in BIOS and do intense job like converting videos and see if you have random reset? Thanks

Ok! great Hans!
I'll enable VRM CPU Spread... and report to you...
Now i would test the system, with a clean installation on Fusion drive...

Ok so you guys who have had success, how did you make your installer USB? I tried doing it a while ago but kept getting stuck at PCI Configuration begin.
BTW: I do have an x99 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back