Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is. It can be corrected using a linux boot disk and poking the correct entries into the UEFI using efibootmgr.
Good news, I'm thinking that damn board is trying to force GB into early retirement. Thanks-

I finally got it working but unfortunately not using this guide. It's the least I expected and it worked with direct upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11 using tony's guide. It's crazy but I think I'll just have to wait for a fully working new install guide on El Capitan later.

Everything's working (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth & Sound) except for my 8x USB 3.0 ports and 1x USB 2.0. Luckily, the 2x USB 3.0 ports where my Corsair K70 keyboard is plugged in are working and another 1x USB 2.0 for my mouse.

I finally got it working but unfortunately not using this guide. It's the least I expected and it worked with direct upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11 using tony's guide. It's crazy but I think I'll just have to wait for a fully working new install guide on El Capitan later.

Everything's working (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth & Sound) except for my 8x USB 3.0 ports and 1x USB 2.0. Luckily, the 2x USB 3.0 ports where my Corsair K70 keyboard is plugged in are working and another 1x USB 2.0 for my mouse.
Very cool! Doesn't matter what guide you had to use, whatever works. Now you have it booting Clover and running ElCap you might try building an installer again using the new Unibeast and your current EFI settings. Luck with it... If you don't mind I have a few things I'd like you test when you have some time. I'll post them later if you're willing spend a few minutes on it...

I have the same motherboard. Can you post the kexts and the clover plist file you are using? :)

For what it's worth, I put all three kexts (FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement & VoodooTSCSync) in all three folders 10.10, 10.11 & Other.

I really didn't change anything in my config.plist from my working 10.10.5 one. I'm almost certain I didn't need kext-dev-mode=1.

View attachment config.plist

@kduvernay

I'll gladly help in any way I can when I have the time. Feel free to post them.

For what it's worth, I put all three kexts (FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement & VoodooTSCSync) in all three folders 10.10, 10.11 & Other.

I really didn't change anything in my config.plist from my working 10.10.5 one. I'm almost certain I didn't need kext-dev-mode=1.

View attachment 154444

@kduvernay

I'll gladly help in any way I can when I have the time. Feel free to post them.
When you get a chance please run Intel Power Gadget and either GeekBench or Prime95 to verify that under full load your CPU stays maxed, no drop-offs. As you can see below Yos maxes cpu while ElCap does not. I pretty certain it's a ElCap issue, not hardware. Of course it could just be result of the lack of X99 support although you'd think we see the results in Yos. Anyone else running ElCap on X99 please test the same please...

Prime95-Yos.png __ Prime95-ElCap.png

Thanks-

Can you point me to a working Intel Power Gadget for my proc? I downloaded the one from Intel's website and it said my CPU isn't supported.

You'll have to unzip that download and use Pacifist to install it.

It fluctuates like crazy. I didn't OC for this test so I should hit 3.6GHz turbo clock speed (stock). However, it fluctuates as I did Geekbench 3.

I also noticed the fluctuation in CPU clock speed even in the HWMonitor app. It stays at 1.2GHz minimum and 3.3GHz max. I only noticed this issue with 10.11. Everything was okay with 10.10.5.

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 4.09.59 PM.png

It fluctuates like crazy. I didn't OC for this test so I should hit 3.6GHz turbo clock speed (stock). However, it fluctuates as I did Geekbench 3.

I also noticed the fluctuation in CPU clock speed even in the HWMonitor app. It stays at 1.2GHz minimum and 3.3GHz max. I only noticed this issue with 10.11. Everything was okay with 10.10.5.

View attachment 154453
Thanks, you'll notice that if you remove Null it has no impact. You'll also notice you'll be 2000 to 4000 points down on GB scores. After testing this the last 2 weeks or so I can't find any bios changes or Clover options that fix it, still looking. In mean time I'm going to continue dual booting Yos and ElCap until someone can identify the problem... Hopefully others will do the same test and further confirm. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back