Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
@InsaneCultist @Einsteiniac The point here is less 'bout GB scores but determining if you can keep the CPU maxed under load. Could you guys run this test and post screen shots?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...99-el-capitan-install-misc-7.html#post1116690

I'm going to have to say 'no' to this question. I'm running Prime95 and PowerGadget says my frequencies are all over the place. iStat says that my CPU is most certainly at load, and my power consumption shows the load, but these lines are 'darn squiggly' for what I would consider a "CPU max."

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 8.30.39 PM.png

Thanks for testing this, anyone that wants to run ElCap is probably gonna have to live with this until there's official Apple support (if ever). Unlike Yos I don't think this will get fixed by jerking around with bios settings.

Clover/Intel Power Gaget

1. Frequency scale is wrong with Clover
  2. Fix, set config.plist/CPU/QPI/100
Thanks, you can also fix it with:

PHP:
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
        <integer>100000</integer>

Unfortunately it only further verifies one of the problems with ElCap and X99.

Mind detailing what you think it the problem and solution? I will test it - got Ubuntu and Kubuntu live DVDs to test with any time. (at least between 6-8 PM - rest is 12 hour shift, sleep and travel time:crazy:)
I can't find it, wonder why it's so hard to provide a link...

I can't find it, wonder why it's so hard to provide a link...

It hasn't been openly released yet.

Also, it only affects a fairly small number of users. All it does is to walk you through adding a new UEFI entry when Asrock UEFI doesn't do so correctly.

Same results when I run a stress test from the command line, the typical:

Code:
[COLOR=#303030][FONT=monospace]yes > /dev/null & ...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Frequencies drop around all over the place instead of a constant peak frequency.

Try to run CINEBENCH - you will be amazed how good the CPU is utilized with it - even if it gives some strange low numbers as performance you can see a solid "flat" CPU usage...
Not here... CPU score down 15% from Yosemite on same machine... Not amazed!

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 5.54.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back