Contribute
Register

X58A-UD3R: Stuck at Apple boot screen (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulleh said:
Bulleh said:
Just bought a 10.6.3 disc. Also have a wired keyboard and mouse hooked up, along with every other bit of tips that you great people have given me. Unfortunately it's not working for me. I'm probably going to just install windows 7 and make sure everything is working then come back to trying to install OSX on my computer.

After some minor trouble I have gotten Windows 7 to work. I am using a separate 500GB hard drive but the same bios settings as for OSX. If anyone knows, can I install OSX on a separate HDD? I know there is a how-to guide for dual booting, but after 15 minutes of searching I gave up looking for it...

This is the only guide i found for separate hard drives:

Using Chameleon as your bootloader, you can boot an infinite amount of operating systems on your PC. It's simple to use a separate hard drive for each operating system.
Install multiple operating systems on separate hard drives.
Go to CMOS Setup Utility and choose Advanced BIOS Features.
Select Hard Disk Boot Priority.
Move your Chameleon OS X hard drive to top of list.
Boot into Chameleon and choose your Operating System.

Still doesn't solve your OSX install problems. This HDD you used for Windows, did you test using that one for your OSX install?

tdragisics said:
Bulleh said:
Bulleh said:
Just bought a 10.6.3 disc. Also have a wired keyboard and mouse hooked up, along with every other bit of tips that you great people have given me. Unfortunately it's not working for me. I'm probably going to just install windows 7 and make sure everything is working then come back to trying to install OSX on my computer.

After some minor trouble I have gotten Windows 7 to work. I am using a separate 500GB hard drive but the same bios settings as for OSX. If anyone knows, can I install OSX on a separate HDD? I know there is a how-to guide for dual booting, but after 15 minutes of searching I gave up looking for it...

This is the only guide i found for separate hard drives:

Using Chameleon as your bootloader, you can boot an infinite amount of operating systems on your PC. It's simple to use a separate hard drive for each operating system.
Install multiple operating systems on separate hard drives.
Go to CMOS Setup Utility and choose Advanced BIOS Features.
Select Hard Disk Boot Priority.
Move your Chameleon OS X hard drive to top of list.
Boot into Chameleon and choose your Operating System.

Still doesn't solve your OSX install problems. This HDD you used for Windows, did you test using that one for your OSX install?
See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12357&p=79421&hilit=win7+dual#p79421

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back