i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed Sierra on my GA-EX58—UD3R and is now as one of three boot options along side Yosemite and El Capitan.

The outstanding problem is that shutdown leaves the fans running. This is common problem across the three OS installations.

After a good number of searches, I find that this shutdown problem is common to X58 OS X installations.

If any X58 owner has a fix, I would be very happy to learn the details. Otherwise I am going to move along to another project.

Good modding,

neil

Just installed Sierra on my GA-EX58—UD3R and is now as one of three boot options along side Yosemite and El Capitan.

The outstanding problem is that shutdown leaves the fans running. This is common problem across the three OS installations.

After a good number of searches, I find that this shutdown problem is common to X58 OS X installations.

If any X58 owner has a fix, I would be very happy to learn the details. Otherwise I am going to move along to another project.

Good modding,

neil
Try checking fix shutdown under ACPI in clover configurator.

Try checking fix shutdown under ACPI in clover configurator.

Yes I have tried all of the common fixes (ELIST = Disabled and checking the Shutdown fix plus scanning for known problematic kexts).

Looking for an X58 owner with hands on success with shutdown.

Thank you,
neil

Good modding,

neil
My X58A shuts down without any problem. Have you done any DSDT edits to fix the problem?

Yes I have tried all of the common fixes (ELIST = Disabled and checking the Shutdown fix plus scanning for known problematic kexts).

Looking for an X58 owner with hands on success with shutdown.

Thank you,
neil

I shutdown, sleep or anything else fully functional on my x58 mobo...

My X58A shuts down without any problem. Have you done any DSDT edits to fix the problem?

No I have not spent much time on a DSDT for this system.

I shutdown, sleep or anything else fully functional on my x58 mobo...

However it is good to learn that some X58 owners have successful installations. I will look into fixing my system as time permits.

Good modding,
neil

However it is good to learn that some X58 owners have successful installations. I will look into fixing my system as time permits.

Good modding,
neil

Yeah, made my own DSDT back in the days, don't even remember how lol but been following me since then....

X58 is super stable, granted quite power hungry but still has a decent punch!

Good modding,
neil
If you are running without DSDT, add nullcpu to your Clover kexts, remove any DSDT patches in Clover config.plist and boot up. Hit F4 (and maybe Fn+F4) to extract your DSDT to Clover/ACPI/Orig. Compress the DSDT and SSDT files together and post.

Good modding,

neil
Neil your right this is a common problem with Clover and the EX58 motherboards.
I first started to use Clover with 10.11, and I immediately started having the problem.
Sometimes I'm able to restart/shutdown, but most of that time I wasn't.
I resolved the issue with Shutdown, reboot for the most part by using some else DSDT file, this person so happened to be using the same processor I was (i7 930).

When having the issue - I had maybe 3 successful out of 10 shutdowns/reboots
When using the DSDT - 9/10 successful shutdowns/reboots

Since upgrading to Sierra I'm unable to shutdown/reboot at all.
What happens is the computer appears to go though the motions, the monitors turn off and the power lights start blinking on the monitors, and.... nothing
Found what causes the problem and it's The Nvidia Web drivers.
When they are enabled under "System Parameters" with in the config.plist, or when selecting it before booting into MacOS within the clover boot loader under graphics. I can't reboot/shutdown.
When the Web drivers are not enabled and MacOS looks like it's running on a SNES...lol I can shutdown/reboot no problem.

I think the problem is how Clover is now calling for the drivers in this new way.
I don't know if this is a Apple, Nvidia, or Clover thing, but I kind of wish this would be changed back...
We have been using the Nvidia Driver flag for years in older boot loaders, and in Clover, I hate that it's changed.
Another issue with it, is the drivers do not properly load for me sometimes when I start my machine if I have the code inserted in the config.plist. The only way I can insure a proper boot is to select them under graphic in the clover boot loader before MacOS boots.

I hope to find a solution to these issues as well...

Example -
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

Neil your right this is a common problem with Clover and the EX58 motherboards. ...

Thank you for the response. Note that I am running the Xeon W3690 and an old tech GPU (9600 GT). I plan to look at this system again soon. I have steered away from doing DSDT.aml files for my collection of systems, however this one may be the exception.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back