Contribute
Register

X58 Sierra - Common Shutdown Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are running without DSDT, add nullcpu to your Clover kexts, remove any DSDT patches in Clover config.plist and boot up. Hit F4 (and maybe Fn+F4) to extract your DSDT to Clover/ACPI/Orig. Compress the DSDT and SSDT files together and post.

Going Bald when you have time could you look at these files ( DSDT and SSDT).

I have Sierra loaded and it runs well. My issue is that the system shutdown leaves the power on. Restart works fine. I can put the system to sleep and the system powers down completely. And wake from sleep also works.

This is one of my favorite systems but there is no reason to rush as I have other systems to use.

My system is a EX58-UD3R rev 1.6 with a Xeon W3690 slightly over clocked where under load it will run at 3.99 GHz on all 6 cores. The system runs on 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory and none of the on board SATA ports are used. I have a Rocket 640L PCIe SATA 6Gb/s controller card in the X4 PCIe slot. At the moment I have only a 250 GB SSD connected to the 640L leaving 3 unused ports.

BIOS = FL

I have a GeForce 9600 GT GPU.

Anyway the files are fresh today. And cleaned up the config.plist removing patches and fixes that were not having any impact.

Good modding,
neil

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 85
  • aml-files.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 81
Going Bald when you have time could you look at these files ( DSDT and SSDT).

Neil, while you are waiting for GB you could try the attached config.plist.
I didn't look at your DSDT but I noticed that your config.plist wasn't set to use it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 240
Neil, while you are waiting for GB you could try the attached config.plist.
I didn't look at your DSDT but I noticed that your config.plist wasn't set to use it.

Thanks P1LGRIM. I have been through a goodly number of config.plist iterations and had removed almost all patches and fixes as it does not appear to matter with this motherboard and Sierra. The system "as is" is nearly 100% compatible from my point of view... It just won't turn the power off on a shutdown.

Good modding,
neil

Hopefully GB will sort it out for you then :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back