Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried it yet. I will have to wait til Friday, as this is my work computer.
I had some free time today and did a quick test. The computer sleeps but does not wake up and requires a reboot. However, with the new DSDT sleep no longer resets the CMOS. Sound works fine but I have not replaced voodooHDA. I will give it a shot sometime later.

Last edited:
@Going Bald

Thank you very much for the DSDT. I thought I was still subscribed to the thread, but I guess not, so I'm sorry for the late response to your help. I'll send this to him for him to test out.

In response to what Mac OS version he'll be running, it's El Capitan.

With this, should I need any patches anymore in the Clover config?

@Going Bald

Thank you very much for the DSDT. I thought I was still subscribed to the thread, but I guess not, so I'm sorry for the late response to your help. I'll send this to him for him to test out.

In response to what Mac OS version he'll be running, it's El Capitan.

With this, should I need any patches anymore in the Clover config?
With the DSDT you do not need any patches in the Clover config.plist.

Is the DSDT working for sleep/wake/shutdown?
I did some more extensive trials with the edited DSDT. The sleep/shutdown issues continue, albeit with different features. The computer will sleep w/o crashing but will not wake up. Shutting down the machine after sleep using the power button works and no longer resets the CMOS. Shut down from the finder does not work; the computer restarts instead. Sound does not work without the voodoo kext. The toleda fixes do not solve the sound issues.

I am running 10.11.3. Should I try an upgrade to 10.11.5 to see if things get better?

I did some more extensive trials with the edited DSDT. The sleep/shutdown issues continue, albeit with different features. The computer will sleep w/o crashing but will not wake up. Shutting down the machine after sleep using the power button works and no longer resets the CMOS. Shut down from the finder does not work; the computer restarts instead. Sound does not work without the voodoo kext. The toleda fixes do not solve the sound issues.

I am running 10.11.3. Should I try an upgrade to 10.11.5 to see if things get better?
Not sure is 10.11.5 is any better. Take a look at your config.plist and make sure that ALL of the DSDT patches are set to false. If any are set to true when they are already patched in the BIOS it could cause some problems.

Not sure is 10.11.5 is any better. Take a look at your config.plist and make sure that ALL of the DSDT patches are set to false. If any are set to true when they are already patched in the BIOS it could cause some problems.
Let me see if I am doing this right.

1. Clover config: remove all patches, check.
2. Copy Going Bald's DSDT file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, check.

I did not remove the files from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin. Should I?

Let me see if I am doing this right.

1. Clover config: remove all patches, check.
2. Copy Going Bald's DSDT file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, check.

I did not remove the files from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin. Should I?
You can delete or leave everything except the DSDT. Remove the DSDT from origin since we are using it in patched.

Does anyone know how to get the audio 889 to work?

I tried installing it using multibeast, but the device is still not showing in the sound settings.
I got it to work on my -UD7 by selecting it in MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back