Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was installed barebones, i.e.: one HDD, and only the Radeon graphics card (which is recognized automatically by older OS X versions; I don't know about 10.11). The BIOS was flashed to FH using Windows and @BIOS. Anyways, this is kinda moot, since the OS installed OK and is capable of booting the computer. Apps run fine, USB ports work fine. I have a CPU cooler, but it is not plugged to USB. The rig recognizes all peripherals I have plugged to it, except sound/speakers. In terms of power management, the only setting that is viable at the time is Display Sleep. Hibernating is off, and putting it to sleep results in wiping out the CMOS and the computer restarting multiple times -I have to reset the CMOS to factory defaults and edit BIOS before rebooting the system.

I can live with a system like this; I use this machine for work, mostly image processing and number crunching, so sound is not a must. And I can turn it off before going home, so no-sleep is not a huge inconvenience. It just bothers me that it does not work PERFECTLY. Call me OCD.
These problems can be solved with a properly edited DSDT. Have you extracted one to edit?

Yes, I have extracted the DSDT.aml, but I'm not sure how to fix the issues. I've spent quite a few hours reading about this, and there are no recommendations on the CMOS reset issue. I have been able to get sound working somewhat using some patches -it now sports HDMI sound. No luck with speakers or microphones.

Yes, I have extracted the DSDT.aml, but I'm not sure how to fix the issues. I've spent quite a few hours reading about this, and there are no recommendations on the CMOS reset issue. I have been able to get sound working somewhat using some patches -it now sports HDMI sound. No luck with speakers or microphones.
Extract a clean DSDT and post it.

Hi guys, i have finally managed to install EC using guides here. now i am struggling to get my usb ports working. when i boot with usb stick all usb devices work, but when i boot directly into HD none of the usb ports work. can anyone help me with this issue

Hi guys, i have finally managed to install EC using guides here. now i am struggling to get my usb ports working. when i boot with usb stick all usb devices work, but when i boot directly into HD none of the usb ports work. can anyone help me with this issue
I had the same issue. I had to disable USB3 to make it work correctly.

Here it is. I have audio working now using a VooDooHDA patch. The sleep issue persists.

Try this one. Suggest you remove the Voodoo and use toleda's method to get audio.

Attachments

• X58A-UD3R-Rev2-FH-DSDT.aml.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 110
Try this one. Suggest you remove the Voodoo and use toleda's method to get audio.
Sorry, forgot the USB renames on the previous upload.
Use this one instead.

Attachments

• X58A-UD3R-REV2-FH-DSDT.aml.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 130
Sorry, forgot the USB renames on the previous upload.
Use this one instead.
I already tried the various versions of the toleda method unsucessfully. The system works fine as it is now; it even gives me nice HDMI audio output. I will probably try it as an exercise, but I'm not sure it will be an improvement.

I already tried the various versions of the toleda method unsucessfully. The system works fine as it is now; it even gives me nice HDMI audio output. I will probably try it as an exercise, but I'm not sure it will be an improvement.
Is the DSDT working for sleep/wake/shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back