Contribute
Register

X299 Designare EX 7980XE and Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know. I didn't tested it but with darkwake=8 or other setting might work just like that.
Hi Edkroket,
I've got the same board : X299 Designare EX with F6, 7940X, 128 Gig mem
I have problems with Bluetooth. With your EFI, BT with a dongle works perfectly but there is no Thunderbolt...
With my EFI it's the contrary. Would you mind telling me how you got BT to work and avoid conflict with the
motherboard ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Erwan

Hi Edkroket,
I have problems with Bluetooth. With your EFI, BT with a dongle works perfectly but there is no Thunderbolt...
With my EFI it's the contrary. Would you mind telling me how you got BT to work and avoid conflict with the
motherboard ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Erwan
Onboard Wifi is not working so don't open time on that but buy a Mac Broadcom card to use for WIFI and BT. To disable onboard Wifi either remove it from the board or use a custom created SSDT to not have it enabled in OSX.

For thunderbolt I have this in BIOS:

Attachments

• 04-Peripherals TB.JPG
    04-Peripherals TB.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 63
Hi Edkroket,
motherboard ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Erwan

Hi @machpro would you mind sharing your EFI? How did you get TB working? I’ve got the same board, and can’t figure it out!

Hi @machpro would you mind sharing your EFI? How did you get TB working? I’ve got the same board, and can’t figure it out!
Here you have mine running Mojave 10.14.5. So if you want to run 10.14.6 I suggest you upgrade Clover and Lilu and stuff but you can first try this. Be aware that I have made USB port SSDT so check all ports or even better create your own SSDT for USB.

Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 103
Here you have mine running Mojave 10.14.5. So if you want to run 10.14.6 I suggest you upgrade Clover and Lilu and stuff but you can first try this. Be aware that I have made USB port SSDT so check all ports or even better create your own SSDT for USB.

Good luck.

Thank you for your EFI @Edkroket

I'm trying to figure out the WiFi/Bluetooth situation on my board, and I would like to try out a custom SSDT first, since I already purchased a PCIe card from Broadcom.

I can't find any custom SSDTs for disabling the on-board WiFi/BT card in your EFI, so I'm assuming you simply replaced your card with a Broadcom one?

If you happen to have one, or could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you for your EFI @Edkroket

I'm trying to figure out the WiFi/Bluetooth situation on my board, and I would like to try out a custom SSDT first, since I already purchased a PCIe card from Broadcom.

I can't find any custom SSDTs for disabling the on-board WiFi/BT card in your EFI, so I'm assuming you simply replaced your card with a Broadcom one?

If you happen to have one, or could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Create your own USB SSDT with port limit patch enabled and USBInjectAll.kext installed. Use IOreg to find all working USB ports and also the USB port of the onboard Wifi card. Then you remove that part in the final SSDT and if made correctly after reboot OSX won't see and use that onboard Wifi.

You have to do tis on your own.
Good luck,

Create your own USB SSDT with port limit patch enabled and USBInjectAll.kext installed. Use IOreg to find all working USB ports and also the USB port of the onboard Wifi card. Then you remove that part in the final SSDT and if made correctly after reboot OSX won't see and use that onboard Wifi.

You have to do tis on your own.
Good luck,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've managed to get the USB ports configured through a custom kext (Method 1, Method 2).
Bluetooth is now working fine with my Broadcom PCIe card. I just can't figure out how to get WiFi to work.

You mentioned the possibility of another custom SSDT, but I don't know where to start. Can't find any guides.
use a custom created SSDT to not have it enabled in OSX.

Also the custom SSDTs for USB simply would not work, which is why I resorted to custom kexts.
I wonder if something in my clover configs is keeping SSDT's from being loaded? Is that possible? I've tried every USB SSDT guide possible, and zero results.

Once I get WiFi working I'll move onto Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back