Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking... Would be correct to affirm that mainstream Z390 - Z490 is far more easy and hassle free than X299? Just curiosity

Anyone has Infos about SAGE II ?
I have built a few Z390 / B360 / H370 / Z370 systems ....an EVGA Z390 Dark, an MSI Z390 Gaming (which I sent back to Amazon as I wanted to use the NVME WiFi port with an Apple Card which isn't possible with the Cnvi enabled boards) an Aurus Pro Z390 (sent back for the same Cnvi reason). And the ITX's mentioned above - which I normally end up selling on for various other reasons. Sounds like I have money to throw at it - I haven't - but I try to buy right and am normally able to sell boards on and more or less break even.
Best Z390 board for me is the AsRock Z390 Pro 4 - it got poor reviews (fewer Pcie ports and weaker VRM's than its peers) but it was cheap as chips and in practice it had no bother overclocking a 9700K to 5GHz, easy to set up and has an E-key wifi port accommodating an Apple Card through an adapter.
All the above Intel Gen 9 systems booted with the same OC EFI (adjustments of course for audio / USB ports etc ) and all the usual Apple features work perfectly.
Then there's the X299's ..and I would say that these platforms are a heck of a long way from being straightforward requiring (in my case) hours upon hours of tweaking.

Congrats! Highly recommend doing the Ubuntu EEPROM modding so the built in X550-AT2 work with the SmallTree drivers
Thanks a lot for that and the pointer on the X550. It was bargain, Noticed that X299 boards are much scarcer now and in general a whole lot more expensive.

Live in the UK so the board will arrive through a friend in the US which enabled me to get it as Amazon wouldn't ship me direct.

Will most likely be tapping you guys up with questions when it arrives!

Thanks a lot for that and the pointer on the X550. It was bargain, Noticed that X299 boards are much scarcer now and in general a whole lot more expensive.

Live in the UK so the board will arrive through a friend in the US which enabled me to get it as Amazon wouldn't ship me direct.

credits to @izo1 for finding the deal not me lol. yeah not surprised since x299 is pretty much dead. I'm temporarily using a Deluxe II for my gaming rig and now trying to get another used Rampage Encore for cheap.

My github is a pretty good starting point I think for Asus boards.

Any questions feel free to ask

credits to @izo1 for finding the deal not me lol. yeah not surprised since x299 is pretty much dead. I'm temporarily using a Deluxe II for my gaming rig and now trying to get another used Rampage Encore for cheap.

My github is a pretty good starting point I think for Asus boards.

Any questions feel free to ask
Much appreciated!

and a huge thank you to @izo1 for finding a fantastic deal!

I am so jealous... but happy for you!

I also get a little bit sad when people here just give up the game against apple.
We have more years to come before they can shut our scene down. I am not ready to throw the towel yet, my hack is more stable than ever right now.

@pieropontra i know you are tired of trying stuff, but i would try putting the gpu in slot 3 instead of 1. My fenvi t919 made me put my flashed 5700 (5700XT) in slot 3, so right now i have.

slot 1: Titan Ridge
slot 2: Fenvi
slot 3: 5700

anyone got Clover to boot their Big Sur?

With nvram not working with OC, I was hoping to test with clover instead.

anyone got Clover to boot their Big Sur?

With nvram not working with OC, I was hoping to test with clover instead.

You can emulate NVRAM with OpenCore.

At this point in time I would advise against using Clover in general.

You can emulate NVRAM with OpenCore.

At this point in time I would advise against using Clover in general.
Yeah, but it requires modifying the root partition with scripts. And that's not always doable.

Yeah, but it requires modifying the root partition with scripts. And that's not always doable.

It just requires LogoutHook which goes inside of the user folder. I haven't done it myself because my boards always had NVRAM support, but did you read the Dortania link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back