Contribute
Register

x270 catalina - time for optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running older (2006) Synaptics drivers in Windows 10, otherwise Windows overrides the Lenovo driver (UltraNav) with it's own trackpad driver. This driver doesn't recognize the buttons.

This could account for the buttons working in macOS in conjunction with the update to the .plist

Last edited:
Does your IOReg look like this
It doesn't seem so. I've downloaded IORegistryExplorer, opened it and looked for the particular entries like "RM,oem-id". I can't find them. How do I setup this properly / where do I specify that my device is a X270? It seems that I've missed out a step in installing/configuring OSX properly (this is my first time). I've applied the following patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (for Windows 7, is this correct?)
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
bat for x230i (for 2 bats)

It doesn't seem so. I've downloaded IORegistryExplorer, opened it and looked for the particular entries like "RM,oem-id". I can't find them. How do I setup this properly / where do I specify that my device is a X270? It seems that I've missed out a step in installing/configuring OSX properly (this is my first time). I've applied the following patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (for Windows 7, is this correct?)
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
bat for x230i (for 2 bats)

Top left corner of the app, select IODeviceTree. Scroll down until you see MOU, PSK2. There you can check the device properties. Nothing to setup with this app, it checks your hardware.

All looks ok on the patches. OS Check Fix version shouldn't make a difference.

Are you running Windows? I might send you the older Synaptics drivers to install to see if they're pulled through to macOS.

Does your IOReg look like this
MOU looks the same as yours but I have no PS2K entry. I only have a KBD entry:

Screenshot.png

Can you copy my VoodooPS2Controller.kext in S/L/E, clear cache and reboot.

Can you copy my VoodooPS2Controller.kext in S/L/E, clear cache and reboot.
best to keep 3rd party kexts in clover with Catalina

best to keep 3rd party kexts in clover with Catalina

Agree but he's running Mojave. Can't think what else is the difference between our two machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back