Contribute
Register

WWDC 2013 Countdown Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the New Mac Pro on Apple.com I see it is really the new Apple Cube. Or I guess Apple Cylinder. Wow....

I've thought exactly the same!

Article: WWDC 2013 Countdown Timer

Hi tonymacx86 and everyone, I was just planning to build up a new hackintosh pro. So now that we all know that a new OS X Maverick is going to release and there will be a lot of improvements going to take place in the hardware as well, should I wait till this fall ? and then wait more for tonymacx86 to come up with brand new lists of hackintosh compatibility hardwares?

I need to build one for audio/music productions. ANY SOLID SUGGESTION PLEASE ?

build it (now) per hardware recommendations on this site - I built one last year to run snow leopard for audio recording - works perfectly fine once all patches are applied in either SL or ML - don't worry about 10.9 - if your serious about your studio work - get it set up and working - and leave it alone - I could care less about Mavericks (frankly) as ML works great -
I have recorded upto 14 tracks at a time for hours with no issues
timeline:
June 2012- built customac with 10.6.8
Oct 2012 - tested 10.8.0 on customac
Jan 2013 - Switched to 10.8 as main OS (I have 3 partitions on 1 HDD - still have SL but don't use it anymore)
I built mine right as ivy bridge was coming out - didn't care about the new Gen chips - as I knew all issues were worked out on Sandy bridge by the time I built mine
hope that helps

The new mac pro looks exactly like the dust bin I got in my room :|

There seems to be 2 camps forming regarding the design of this new Mac Pro. They are very similar to the old "half full" / "half empty" argument. There's the "half empty" camp which regards the new design as a garbage can, dust bin, ash tray, coffee maker. Then there's the "half full" camp which sees the new design as R2D2, a fusion reactor, a mini-me of the CRAY super computer; something cool. You have to admit it is stunning.

Thanks a lot Whiskeynipple0088. It really helped, I am soon going to start building my first hackintosh pro. Specs: Sabertooth X79(MB), intel core i7 3930k sandy bridge, Gigabyte GTX 670, 16gb corsair vengeance ram, H80i cooler, 1 ocz vertex 4 ssd, 2 1tb each WD green HDD. I am just a little confused whether should I go for core i7 3370k ivy bridge or 3930k sandy bridge ? If I go for ivy bridge, do you know what bios would I need to set on sabertooth x79 ?

I heard is going to be called little mouse.

Haswell is still the same intel i5/7 3xxx, same 22 nm production process, same cache size, tiny improvement in built-in graphic, same RAM clock supported. As for marketing - new name "Haswell". Thank you tony for this project, to help people to be up the marketing **** and to help people to built nice systems for the price they really cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back