Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,
Although I have built a PC before, its my first time building a Hackintosh and would like some advice on buying parts for the build. My budget is ~$400 and I would like to build the system without fiddling around too much with advanced bios settings, Kernels,etc. and i am planning on running OSX Yosemite.
Here are the components that I'm considering buying
(All the components are straight from the list of supported components on this page-http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-september-2015.html)
:
Motherboard:MSI Z97 PC Mate OR Asrock H97m
CPU:Intel Core i3 4370 with Stock Cooler
GPU:Galaxy GeForce GT740 2GB DDR5
HDD:WD Blue 500GB
Ram:4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

It would be great if you guys could tell me if this build will be compatible with Yosemite straight out of the box without any tweaking and if not so please suggest some alternative components which will make the installation process easy.
Thanks in Advance :)

Hi there,
Although I have built a PC before, its my first time building a Hackintosh and would like some advice on buying parts for the build. My budget is ~$400 and I would like to build the system without fiddling around too much with advanced bios settings, Kernels,etc. and i am planning on running OSX Yosemite.
Here are the components that I'm considering buying
(All the components are straight from the list of supported components on this page-http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-september-2015.html)
:

It would be great if you guys could tell me if this build will be compatible with Yosemite straight out of the box without any tweaking and if not so please suggest some alternative components which will make the installation process easy.
Thanks in Advance :)

Suggest a WD Black rather than that Blue. The Blue and Green HDDs have problems with the Boot0 error.
Might not be a problem if you use Clover for your boot loader - have not seen anything definitive on that.

Otherwise you should have no problems.

You also have the option to use the on chip HD4600 for compatible graphics. For everyday general
use that is more than adequate. Then if you skip the Gt740 you can invest in a good 240-250 GB SSD
for a boot drive. Will make the system much faster and responsive. I wouldn't consider building a new
system without an SSD boot drive as the prices have come down so much lately. Whenever I work
on someones computer with an HDD it seems like going back to the stone ages :( in terms of the
speed of the system.

Suggest a WD Black rather than that Blue. The Blue and Green HDDs have problems with the Boot0 error.
Might not be a problem if you use Clover for your boot loader - have not seen anything definitive on that.

Otherwise you should have no problems.

Thanks a lot! I'll take that into account!

You also have the option to use the on chip HD4600 for compatible graphics. For everyday general
use that is more than adequate. Then if you skip the Gt740 you can invest in a good 240-250 GB SSD
for a boot drive. Will make the system much faster and responsive. I wouldn't consider building a new
system without an SSD boot drive as the prices have come down so much lately. Whenever I work
on someones computer with an HDD it seems like going back to the stone ages :( in terms of the
speed of the system.

Thank you so much for the advice!I might consider buying the SSD as opposed to the hdd if im able to find one at a decent price.
However i wont run across any problems by using a HDD right?

Another thing i was sort of unsure about was that when I'm running uni beast to flash OSX onto the pendrive, what is the Configuration that i should be using(Normal, UEFI or Legacy ) for this particular motherboard?
152901d1443619001-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc-ub3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll want to select UEFI Boot there.

Thank you so much for the advice!I might consider buying the SSD as opposed to the hdd if im able to find one at a decent price.
However i wont run across any problems by using a HDD right?

A good name brand 240-250 GB SSD can be bought for 70-80 USD nowadays.
The only potential problem with HDD is Boot0 error as mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back