Contribute
Register

[WORKING] GA-Z77-D3H + i5 3570k + HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: It works!

I didn't tough a thing since I last posted, but a few reboots later audio started working! Not sure what that means for me down the road but for right now my system is fully operational.

Again, thank you for the time you've put in to this. These forums are a great resource.

Trying to install with OSX 10.8.2 on hardware:

MB: GA Z77-D3H (rev.1), Bios F14
CPU: i5-3570 3.4
Mem: 8GB (tested with memtest)
Graphics: Asus ATI HD6870
HD: Segate SATA-3, 1TB

My steps:

1. Bios updated to F14
2. At the BIOS was changed only SATA Mode = AHCI, and Init Dsplay First = Internal Graphics
N.B. "make sure you have all USB ports set to 2.0 mode by selecting "smart auto" and "disable" for all ports in the bios"
Do not see this options in the BIOS but see only way how to switch USB 3 controller OFF :(
3. Bootable 10.8.2 stick made with Unibeast.
4. Monitor connected to on-board graphics port
5. Installer runs only with -x option
6. After installation OSX Will not boot except in safe mode..
7. Ran MultiBeast with "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" installation.
8. Then 4 kext files from your archive were copied to /Extra/Extensions and DSDT.aml file to /Extra. The org.chameleon.boot.plist file was changed as you showed. Also AppleACPIPlatform.kext was removed from /System/Library/Extensions folder. The cache rebuilt with "kext utility".

As result: The system runs only in safe mode (i.e., -x), with "Sound Assertions" in AppleHDADriver.

P.S. With ATI graphics card (and switched off internal graphics) the system does not run even in safe mode.

That the system only boots in safe mode suggests that you did not install correctly. Try ACPI roll back if you came from an earlier version. Are you sure you used the most recent version of multibeast and installed chameleon correctly...

None of the kexts or DSDT are needed for the system to boot. For USB 2 mode set xHCI mode to smart auto and select disable for all 4 ports.

Check your setting in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

additionally you may want to try ncpi=0x3000 and darkwake. Use chameleon wizard to edit.

Hi everyone i posted here because i'm having some problem with the audio of the gigabyte z77-d3h mainboard.

I have followed your guide tim but i can only play sound from internal speaker device without any success from the optical in! Actually the optical in is correctly showed in the sound panel but if i select that source i cannot ear any sound!

my spec:
Gigabyte z77-d3h mb
intel i5 3570k
8gb ram corsair
90gb corsair force 3 ssd

the main-board have bios f14 and rev. 1.0 All bios setting is standard except for:
1) hdd mode set to ahci
2) controller of usb3 is set to smart-auto and all port to disabled.

That's the things i have done:

1) install ML 10.8 via unibeast
2) upgraded to ML 10.8.2 via combo update
3) select userDSDT - DSDTfree installation from multibeast and installed the LAN kext
4) Rollback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext
5) restart and the system works well (except, obviously, for audio)
6) installed your DSDT then restart
7) installed patched Applehda and VIA2021.

At this point i can't see any audio device in the audio panel then:

1) removed all audio kext
2) repair permission then restart
3) installer ORIGINAL applehda.kext
4) repair permission then restart
5) manually patched the applehda following the step of http://www.osx86.net/view/3041-via_v..._applehda.html
6) installed via2021.kext and restart

after that i arrived at the situation i explained on the beginning: working sound from internal back panel but no sound from optical out. In the sound panel is correctly showed the optical out but if i try to select it i can't ear any type of sound!!!

I don't know what to do, this is the last problem that divided me from having a fully operational hackintosh, so please help me!!!

If some other detail are needed i am here! thx a lot guys.

additional detail: this is my org.chameleon.boot.plist

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>

That the system only boots in safe mode suggests that you did not install correctly. Try ACPI roll back if you came from an earlier version.

I use 1.8.2 directly. And AppleACPIPlatform.kext (in /Extra/ folder) from the archive attached to the first message of this thread. File with same name was removed from /System/Library/Extensions/. Is this correct? Is this equivalent of "ACPI roll back"?

Are you sure you used the most recent version of multibeast and installed chameleon correctly...

Was used Multibeast 5.0.2 to install UserDSDT ... then Chameleon 2.1-r2069.pkg to install chameleon. Then I used this to resolve issue.

None of the kexts or DSDT are needed for the system to boot.

DSDT.aml file was in the archive attached to the first message of this thread. So I don't needed it?

For USB 2 mode set xHCI mode to smart auto and select disable for all 4 ports.

That is better! Now I switch at the BIOS

XHCI Mode = Auto /// As it does not have "smart auto"
HS Port #1 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #2 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #3 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #4 Switchable = Disabled

I thought about "smart auto", and just reset the BIOS with "Load Optimized Defaults". After that there is "Smart Auto" option. So now: XHCI Mode = "Smart Auto"

Check your setting in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>

additionally you may want to try ncpi=0x3000 and darkwake. Use chameleon wizard to edit.

Yes, that what I have in org.chamaleon.Boot.plist. I check it with ChameleonWizard all seems right. And ncpi=0x3000 was added too.

I forgot to mention the message "Unknown CPU model 0x3a". Also when i said "system runs only in safe mode" i did not mention that in normal mode it shows "color ball" :beachball:, and every few seconds make short access to HD

Is there the way to get the complete log for previous boot process?

I use 1.8.2 directly. And AppleACPIPlatform.kext (in /Extra/ folder) from the archive attached to the first message of this thread. File with same name was removed from /System/Library/Extensions/. Is this correct? Is this equivalent of "ACPI roll back"?

Was used Multibeast 5.0.2 to install UserDSDT ... then Chameleon 2.1-r2069.pkg to install chameleon. Then I used this to resolve issue.

DSDT.aml file was in the archive attached to the first message of this thread. So I don't needed it?

That is better! Now I switch at the BIOS

XHCI Mode = Auto /// As it does not have "smart auto"
HS Port #1 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #2 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #3 Switchable = Disabled
HS Port #4 Switchable = Disabled

I thought about "smart auto", and just reset the BIOS with "Load Optimized Defaults". After that there is "Smart Auto" option. So now: XHCI Mode = "Smart Auto"

Yes, that what I have in org.chamaleon.Boot.plist. I check it with ChameleonWizard all seems right. And ncpi=0x3000 was added too.

I forgot to mention the message "Unknown CPU model 0x3a". Also when i said "system runs only in safe mode" i did not mention that in normal mode it shows "color ball" :beachball:, and every few seconds make short access to HD

Is there the way to get the complete log for previous boot process?

Strange that you would get an unknown CPU error. You said you have an SSD, I suggest seeking help in the relevant sub forum, can't help you with setting that up properly and some of the issues may be coming from that.

DSDT is only needed for audio support, it has nothing to do with the errors is what I meant. First try and get the booting sorted before you install the DSDT and/or other kexts.

The ACPI rollback is only needed if you installed FAKESMC.

Isn't FakeSMC necessary for things to work correctly?

I'm booting from an SSD and things mostly work ok, although the system often still doesn't wake from sleep correctly.

Strange that you would get an unknown CPU error.

Agree

DSDT is only needed for audio support, it has nothing to do with the errors is what I meant. First try and get the booting sorted before you install the DSDT and/or other kexts.

Ok

The ACPI rollback is only needed if you installed FAKESMC.

The FakeSMC installed by MultiBeast. So why I should rollback? Does Multibeast patch or override the ACPI?

The FakeSMC installed by MultiBeast. So why I should rollback? Does Multibeast patch or override the ACPI?

The FAKESMC is not compatible with the ACPI kext from 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back