Contribute
Register

[WORKING] GA-Z77-D3H + i5 3570k + HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. Have a look here and follow the steps up to #4, basically repatch the APPLDEHDA.kext. No need to redo the DSDT. Quick process for patching HDA, run 2 terminal commands, add the files and install. That's it. I have attached a clean APPLEHDA to start with

http://www.osx86.net/view/3041-via_vt2021-2020_applehda.html

Good luck

Thank you, that worked! Analog out and microphone working. I'll test SPDIF later because digital out is my main concern.
PS I also copied the VIA kext from that link so maybe that did something too.

Thank you, that worked! Analog out and microphone working. I'll test SPDIF later because digital out is my main concern.
PS I also copied the VIA kext from that link so maybe that did something too.

The VIA kext is the same. I have a feeling the APPLEHDA kext needs to be patched directly on the system where it is used. I will amend the guide. SPDIF should work, its the exact steps I followed and it works on mine. Let me know if you have success.

Just to confirm, you are using my DSDt and that works?

I seem to have FAKESMC installed but don't remember selecting it myself. Reading around it seems to indicate it is important for booting..

How do I "If you have installed FAKESMC perform the ACPI rollback, otherwise skip this step"?

Thanks!

The VIA kext is the same. I have a feeling the APPLEHDA kext needs to be patched directly on the system where it is used. I will amend the guide. SPDIF should work, its the exact steps I followed and it works on mine. Let me know if you have success.

Just to confirm, you are using my DSDt and that works?

Yes, I am using your DSDT and it works.
I will test SPDIF soon, I broke the cable and have to buy a new one :)

I seem to have FAKESMC installed but don't remember selecting it myself. Reading around it seems to indicate it is important for booting..

How do I "If you have installed FAKESMC perform the ACPI rollback, otherwise skip this step"?

Thanks!

I didn't know it was possible to NOT have fakesmc on a hackintosh.
With stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 my system did not boot. I imagine a rollback would be to use an older version. I used the kext supplied in the first post and it worked.

PS
Before I started using Tims solution I had newest bios F18, my own dsdt with minor patches and the system booted normally with stock AppleACPIplatform.kext so I guess there is room for improvement in Tims dsdt.

I did the rollback ACPI from multibeast and then installed the ACPI Kext from the F14 package, that worked.

Thanks.

I did the same (using the KEXT and instructions from the link) and that version works...

I didn't know it was possible to NOT have fakesmc on a hackintosh.
With stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 my system did not boot. I imagine a rollback would be to use an older version. I used the kext supplied in the first post and it worked.

PS
Before I started using Tims solution I had newest bios F18, my own dsdt with minor patches and the system booted normally with stock AppleACPIplatform.kext so I guess there is room for improvement in Tims dsdt.

That's got nothing to do with the DSDT. There is a problem with the FAKESMC and 10.8.2, one solution is the ACPI roll back. There are tons of threads on the issue, have a look.

You don't even need the DSDT to boot on this motherboard so your booting issues may be a result of something else. There still are a few minor improvements which need to be made to the DSDT but overall it works.

Tim,

Thanks for your work on this. Very helpful.

That said I'm just about at my wit's end. I've rolled back the BIOS to F14, and followed your steps exactly. I repatched the AppleHDA.kext as per your instructions and thought I had it working. I've attached a screenshot. Everything seems to register and b Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 2.16.35 PM.jpge working... except there's no sound.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm right on the cusp.

BTW, I'm trying to get audio through the Green stereo 1/8" jack.

Tim,

Thanks for your work on this. Very helpful.

That said I'm just about at my wit's end. I've rolled back the BIOS to F14, and followed your steps exactly. I repatched the AppleHDA.kext as per your instructions and thought I had it working. I've attached a screenshot. Everything seems to register and bView attachment 33639e working... except there's no sound.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm right on the cusp.

BTW, I'm trying to get audio through the Green stereo 1/8" jack.

That's really strange. You did copy the layout12 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back