Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

Got mine today. Wifi works perfectly OOB, Bluetooth appears but my Magic Mouse movement is sluggish and erratic with it (the MM has never been great, but was much better with the GMyle USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter).

I have the same issue, got the PCI adapter/BCM94331CD (with BCM20702B0 chip), and Magic Trackpad movements are occasionally laggy and even losing connection. I tried to play around with the antennas, but it's the same. nobodynose, did you sort out the issue? Or does anyone have the same issue?

I have the same issue, got the PCI adapter/BCM94331CD (with BCM20702B0 chip), and Magic Trackpad movements are occasionally laggy and even losing connection. I tried to play around with the antennas, but it's the same. nobodynose, did you sort out the issue? Or does anyone have the same issue?

Nope, I finally gave up on the Magic Mouse (which I realized caused my hand to ache after a while - something about its shape doesn't fit my hand ergonomically) and bought a Logitech M325.

I have this problem on my Hack, and my Mac Mini when using bluetooth AND wi-fi. If I'm using ethernet, there's no problem. I don't think I ever had this problem with my iMac.

I have the same issue, got the PCI adapter/BCM94331CD (with BCM20702B0 chip), and Magic Trackpad movements are occasionally laggy and even losing connection. I tried to play around with the antennas, but it's the same.

I have this problem on my Hack, and my Mac Mini when using bluetooth AND wi-fi. If I'm using ethernet, there's no problem. I don't think I ever had this problem with my iMac.

:idea: Okay, I realised the 2nd antenna from the left is the bluetooth, I turned it towards the keyboard and trackpad, and away from the case (not parallel with it), and the connection issue is gone, some lag is apparent only when there's higher WiFi traffic, but I ordered a 9dbA antenna on eBay, that I hope will fix it 100%.

What is the cable for and where do you connect it ?

Hi guys.

I have a weird problem.

I installed the card in a 4x PCIe Slot of my ASUS Rampage 2 Gene, since it doesn't have PCIe 1x. In Windows it is recognized though WiFi can not be enabled (card shows error in device manager), bluetooth works fine in Windows though.

In OS X I can't get either to work. No bluetooth, no WiFi. Both don't show up in System Profiler. Shouldn't at least one of those work even if the card is installed in an unsupported (4x) slot?

I have attached a screenshot of IOJones. The system "sees" that the card is there. It just doesn't do anything with it.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Ok, this is really weird. Bluetooth works normally in Windows. In OS X it shows up under USB devices in system profiler as "BCM20702A0" with device id: 0x22be and vendor id: 0x0a5c, but it just won't work.

WiFi card shows up in DPCIManager as "BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter" with device id: 4360 and vendor id: 14e4
It does not appear in system profiler.

Do I have the wrong card (wrong device ids?)? The seller said it came from an iMac 2013, so it should be the right device.

Attachments

• IOJones.jpg
    IOJones.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 285

Hi,

My problem is I cannot enter to the BIOS using the Apple wireless keyboard (HID poxy mode is not working). The card working perfectly when OS X or Windows is loaded.

Have anybody tried WLAN/Bluetooth card with Z77x-UD5H motherboard? What BIOS version and how it is connected?

My card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121524655028?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

My motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139#ov

thanks

From what I'm understanding this DYI solution will only work in a dedicated pci-e x1 slot only.

If you want something that will work in another pci-e slot then you may either need a little more technical know how or just buy one from osxwifi who I THINK made one that will fit in any pci-e slot.
http://www.osxwifi.com

I tried contacting them today but they haven't responded. This guy is using one of the osxwifi cards in an x4 pci-e slot with no problems

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...emite-handoff-capable-bluetooth-adapters.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back