Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
try changing your wireless security to wep and check if that works!
sometimes some drivers don't get along with wpa2
might be a loooong shot but i vaguely remember something like that!!

try this one.. maybe it might fix it!!

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    4 MB · Views: 89
try this one.. maybe it might fix it!!

Thanks will try later today.
First thing I did was restart the router.

I went to Starbucks earlier and was able to connect to their g router with no issues.

So googling around I see two possibilities
1) there's been cases where people can't connect to N routers (even in mixed bgn mode)
2) it doesn't like aes encryption.

One thing I did last night was shut off encryption but the 9285 didn't connect.

Also noticed that 10.8 and 10.8.2 io80211 kext no longer have the atheros21 kext which the 9285 connects to.

I used the older io8211 posted in OP and it recognizes the card. But with problem described above.

ikkoku - USB 3 is detected in system profiler but I don't have a drive to test it with.

Still not sleeping, no luck with that so far.. I have all the right kexts so far as I can tell, will keep poking around.

Also noticed that it's listing my processor as 4ghz unknown and my ram as 6gb ??? Has me worried that this thing is overclocking my cpu..

When you stick in a USB device (any 2.0) into the usb3 ports does the mouse/trackpad pause for a few seconds? Does it recognize the new device in the usb3 port?

My ar95b was connecting at work but wasnt receiving any internet connection at home.
And I know for effect that that card supports n type connections.
Since we are all buying our wifi cards for our beloved z580 from market, it is highly possible that
the kexts we uploaded for wifi might not work for everyone.

I clearly recall i have tried several different kexts until i find that works.
I downloaded all the kexts that ppl said it works and tried them all until i find the working one.

About usb 3
Yes my usb 3.0 port recognises usb devices properly and no any kind of pause on any other devices
(the one i plugged included) when i plugged in.

About the sleep issue of zachamo
Can it be your smbios? (assuming you are using the provided DSDT.aml and loaded the sleepenabler.kext)
here is mine

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    699 bytes · Views: 221
My ar95b was connecting at work but wasnt receiving any internet connection at home.
And I know for effect that that card supports n type connections.
Since we are all buying our wifi cards for our beloved z580 from market, it is highly possible that
the kexts we uploaded for wifi might not work for everyone.

I clearly recall i have tried several different kexts until i find that works.
I downloaded all the kexts that ppl said it works and tried them all until i find the working one.

About usb 3
Yes my usb 3.0 port recognises usb devices properly and no any kind of pause on any other devices
(the one i plugged included) when i plugged in.

About the sleep issue of zachamo
Can it be your smbios? (assuming you are using the provided DSDT.aml and loaded the sleepenabler.kext)
here is mine

weird... I unplugged the card and plugged it back in. then I took the IO80211 from 10.8 and added the device id (2B) and installed.... reboot and voila... it works... don't know what it was but I'm happy now.

Yes, HDMI external works, function keys (volume and brightness), power button for sleep/restart/shutodwn, and lid sleep works.
The only thing that you need to do to wake it up is open the lid AND press the power button to wake it. It won't just wake up when you lift the lid. But that's an extremely minor problem

which keys are for brightness and contrast?
the function right left arrows works for sound as well as the dedicated buttons.

brightness is fn up down
dont know the contrast

Brightness adjust also not working here, but we have p580s which slightly differ.. Works for me in windows/ubuntu though.

Regarding the smbios.plist here - it gives me KPs on AppleIntelCPUPM, I changed the reference model from macbook air to Macbook Pro 9,1 that gets past the KP..I'm also playing with a 802.11n USB dongle that I picked up awhile ago - Tenda 311M based on Ralink 2070.. driver issues with that so far.

I just tested booting from the USB drive I installed from.. Watching through the boot process I noticed it loads some kexts from the USB drive rather than my install. I saw a few new kext errors I'm not used but it booted fine with the following notables:
- It's able to properly sleep!! That's promising.
- Battery indicator no longer works.
- Touchpad no longer fully clickable (must tap, except at bottom where clicks work).
- About this Mac / ASP actually show correct details for Processor and Memory (speed, model etc)
- USB3 no longer listed on Apple System Profiler AND ALL USB Ports are now working! No mouse freeze on plug-in, but I'm guessing they're all running at USB2 speeds.

This definatley seems to be some progress on p580 issues (at least the ones I'm running into) Will do a compare of kexts sometime tomorrow and post results..

that's pretty much where I'm at with mine also. With the touchpad, it does takes getting used to, but double tapping works.
My battery indicator is working fine. it's gotta be one of the kexts. do you have smartbattery and voodoo battery kexts both installed?

I'm using 9,2 smbios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back