Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok for some reason, I now have a KP during bootup. It boots up fine in safe mode. It also boots up fine with -f.
Does anyone know what this -f boot flag do?

-f causes Chimera to "Ignore Caches" You might try updating your kernel cache (Kext Wizard has an option for this)..

-f causes Chimera to "Ignore Caches" You might try updating your kernel cache (Kext Wizard has an option for this)..

ok. so that means the install (or the instance) is fine it's just old stuff in cache that might have been causing the KP. I'll use Kext Wizard to try and clear it up.

So how does -f and UseKernalCache=No differ?

thanks again for your help!

ok. so that means the install (or the instance) is fine it's just old stuff in cache that might have been causing the KP. I'll use Kext Wizard to try and clear it up.

So how does -f and UseKernalCache=No differ?

thanks again for your help!

No difference. One is a boot argument at the Chimera boot screen, and one is something you enter into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

No difference. One is a boot argument at the Chimera boot screen, and one is something you enter into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I'm now trying to figure out how to patch applehda because voodoohda 2.7.3 is giving me random KPs during bootup

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I'm now trying to figure out how to patch applehda because voodoohda 2.7.3 is giving me random KPs during bootup

Try the AppleHDA I have edited/tweaked for ALC 269 on Lenovo Z580 with your stock IOAudioFamily. But also try the IOAudioFamily with sleep fix. See the first post of this thread.

Yes, the VoodooHDA of before was glitchy with random KP's... I got that too from time to time. Make sure to remove while installing this new AppleHDA.

Try the AppleHDA I have edited/tweaked for ALC 269 on Lenovo Z580 with your stock IOAudioFamily. But also try the IOAudioFamily with sleep fix. See the first post of this thread.

Yes, the VoodooHDA of before was glitchy with random KP's... I got that too from time to time. Make sure to remove while installing this new AppleHDA.

ok will try that...

how did you guys get USB3.0 out of box? I see the driver recognized but the USB ports do not work. I had to use the IOUSBFamily that Turkawa posted to get the USB ports working but it's only 2.0

sorry, can't PM at the moment. you tweaked RevoGirl's SSDT script
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=404138#p404138

I can't find the zip file... do you still have it laying around?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/56622-ssdts-all-i3-i5-i7-please-test-give-feedback.html

You can also use MaciASL (see sticky in DSDT forum). BTW, Ivy needs different SSDT -- the details are still being sorted out, I think. You can see clues by reading toleda's posts in the MaciASL thread.

Hello birkley. This is an excellent guide!

After days of struggle and endless reboots, I finally have the graphics, wifi working, and I am trying to get the AppleHDA to work.

I tried all the combination of AppleHDA and Stock/Sleep Fix IOAudioFamily, but it's still not catching it.

VoodooHDA caused KP's so I deleted them.

Am I doing something wrong? My audio device is not being detected...

Thank you once again!

Unfortunately mine doesn't come with realtek audio.

I see Intel HDA but use Conexant HD 26072 driver. trying to get info on the cx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back