Contribute
Register

Won't wake - come out of sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks - can I ask what the problem was with the DSDT or what needed to be modified?

I copied the DSDT to /extra/ and replaced the file that was in there and now when I sleep I get a flashing power light which I didn't before - but when I press power it still powers up the fan but still doesn't turn on the screen.

Try turning up brightness.

I just repatched it to be yours specifically, versus a general one.

blueking said:
Try turning up brightness.

I just repatched it to be yours specifically, versus a general one.
I have tried turning up the brightness - if I hit caps lock for example it doesn't light up so I do believe the laptop is in some sort of state between sleep and 'awake' as the fan powers up and the power light goes solid but no screen or anything.

As someone else mentioned I also have:
Header read size 200 Incorrect image signature
When Chameleon is doing it's thing - I don't know if it's relevant?

0101 said:
As someone else mentioned I also have:
Header read size 200 Incorrect image signature
When Chameleon is doing it's thing - I don't know if it's relevant?

I used to get that. It was because I'd ticked all the bios boxes when running the HP Probook Installer. To fix it, I re-ran the installer by ticking only the correct bios (and other applicable settings) and also the tickbox to clear old kexts.

Kotek Besar said:
I used to get that. It was because I'd ticked all the bios boxes when running the HP Probook Installer. To fix it, I re-ran the installer by ticking only the correct bios (and other applicable settings) and also the tickbox to clear old kexts.

Thanks Kotek Besar - This fixed it for me too.
Thanks for the modded dsdt but the above fix sorted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back