Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First please let me thank everyone for all the hardwork they put in to making the probook work (nearly) flawlessly with OSX, especially blueking.

I do have one small issue though, and I have tried to search but it seems that no one has the same problem as me. I recently updated the Probook installer just by installing as normal - i hope that's ok.

Anyway, when I leave my laptop for a while it turns off the display and pc. I press the power button and I can hear the fan start up but even when upping the brightness using fn+f3 and the wifi switch it doesn't come back to life. I have to hold power until it turns off and reboot.

Could anyone shed any light on this? I have the latest f20 bios and a fresh Lion install with probook installer 3.3

Thanks

edit:: I have just realised there is another thread on the first page with this issue! I have reset the bios as suggested but still no better!

Boot with DSDT=no, and extract a DSDT and send it to me.

Use DSDT Editor, and go ahead an open it before you reboot, in case you need java for it.

Thanks for the reply and the offer to help.

Even when booting with DSDT=no I can't extract it using Chameleon.

Is there another way of extracting the DSDT?

Thanks

Here is my DSDT, if you could patch it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    928.5 KB · Views: 80
I also get this from time to time. In fact it's rare for my 4530s to come out of sleep mode without any problems. I'm thinking of adjusting the power settings so that it never goes to sleep!

I don't know if it is linked, but when it happens I notice on the next boot it flashes up with the message "Header read size 200 - Incorrect Image Signature" just before the apple logo boot screen.

I have attached my extracted DSDT also.

Attachments

• punce.dsl
    926 KB · Views: 69
^^ I get that too.

It's also rare for my 4530s to come out of sleep mode without issues, usually a KP.

I read somewhere else that someone fixed a similar problem by adding ForceWake=Yes in the apple.boot.list, but this is a little out of my depth (21 years of Windows!)

i have and never had problems with that (Wake=Yes) someone test it ? you can easily edit boot.plist with app called Champlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back